{A long way from home}

Two hands weighed down on my shoulders, preventing my desperate attempts of escape. I was much too scared and filled with adrenaline to notice any pain coming from the wounds that resided in my right hand and shoulder. My heart was beating a mile a minute, I felt trapped in my own skin. The room felt as cold as the dead of winter that pelted the continent every Lunar season.

"What-!"

"Shh...." A thin, smooth surface traced along the outline of my face. The cold blade playfully flashed my terrified reflection into sight.

"See, there won't be a problem if you tell us what you know."

"But I told you!" A strange feeling overwhelmed me, it felt like someone was... prodding my mind, groping at the most sensitive parts of my brain, of the strong wall I had built around me. Memories of the past few days flooded through my mind, old emotions erupting through my being until it all suddenly stopped. Beads of sweat rolled down my forehead, my eyes still glancing nervously from lord Larucian, to his knife. His eyes were glowing a subtle red and his thick brows were furrowed. A steady look of concentration, frustration and confusion danced across his sharp features. In a sudden burst of movement, the dagger was tossed aside and instead, his hand clenched around my throat. I clawed at his hands, fighting for every breath I could steal. The pressure increased on my neck, bruises bloomed under soft, milky skin. My pleas stuck in my throat with no form of release, seeing that the only way was cut off. Black dots swam across my vision.

"Larucian?" Alaric asked, expectantly. Lord Larucian finally released me from his choke hold. I burst out into a bout of coughs. I gulped and gasped greedily for air. My face flushed red, from lack of air. My eyes were bloodshot, whilst I struggled to keep my rolling eyeballs from drooping.

"She has something shrouding her mind and subconscious." their words were fuzzy and incomprehensible to my ringing ears. A harsh sting pained my cheek, but it all seemed distant. It took a couple of moments to register what he had done, and when I did, I gasped and dragged my eyes upwards to meet his.

"You are not leaving until you answer my questions."

"I doubt you would let me go anyways," I groaned through the fuzz that dulled my senses. Then, a moment of bliss washed over me. Darkness took over my thoughts and the sensation of falling- or was it floating? took over. My conflicted mind and fast beating heart seemed to calm. All was silent, save for the steady beat that sounded from my chest.

'One,

two,

three,

four-'

I counted the beats. The illusion of waves washing over me and cleansing my worries made me feel at peace. The sharp scent of salt yet the soft, refreshing breeze invaded my thoughts as my mind drifted to the West shore that Silver and I had visited often as children.

"A frighten'd animal is the most dangerous kind of animal." I furrowed my brow. No longer was I lapsed in the calming darkness, but a thick Pine forest. I was next to a tall and scary looking man. He had dark brown hair, dark twinkling eyes, and scars that crisscrossed their way down his huge torso and tree trunk like limbs. He wore all black material, intricately crafted armors and soft furs. Despite his intimidating features, a huge grin was plastered across his face. Instead of my usually lanky limbs, I had small chubby arms and hands, that clutched onto a miniature, wooden bow as if the whole darned world depended on it. The man had me sat in his lap, while he quietly explained how to use a bow. We were hidden in the foliage, watching a beautiful elk -Its fur white and shimmering. Then it came together, he had said the simple phrase.

A frightened animal was indeed a dangerous animal, for it had a reason to carry on, a family to feed, a herd, and a home to return to.

Lord larucian, the beast in front of me drew near with a closed fist. Fury was evident in his eyes and stance. The elk and the man disappeared from my thoughts and left me to fend for myself in the harsh reality of my current situation, but with renewed motivation. The man drew closer, within prime distance, when I struck. I used my free legs and kicked back off the ground with all the force I could muster. The chair crashed into Alaric who was unfortunately behind the piece of furniture and sent him tumbling to the ground. Freed from his grip, I sprinted and slid across the room to where the dagger had been thrown. I snatched the dagger in my hands, just as lord Larucian and Alaric approached me.

"Hey now," Alaric said, in a soothing voice. "We're not going to hurt you."

"You're delusional-" I snorted. It was at that moment when Larucian decided to strike, two arms encased themselves around my shoulders and forced me to the floor. I struggled against the man's grip and jabbed an elbow into his rib cage. His hold loosened briefly, whilst he recovered. Alaric snatched me from Lord Larucian who was struggling to regain his breath. Alaric's hold was steadfast, iron strong, unbreakable. He was adamant, no matter how much I taunted him or had bitten, kicked and scratched him, he stayed put. He refused to move an inch or a muscle. I could not break free. Meanwhile, Larucian climbed to his feet. He stalked toward us, a furious look on his face.

"I thought you learned the first time?" I said tauntingly. He maintained his cool composure and arched a brow, coldly. I gave him the hardest kick I could muster, slamming my foot in the area between his legs or 'the family jewels', one might say. Suddenly, there was a hard pressure at the back of my neck. For the second time today, I felt on the verge of unconsciousness, but this time, I could not fight it. I could feel everything fade away and blotted my vision black. The last thing I saw were the wooden floorboards underneath my head and a piercing pain slam off the lights that illuminated my world.

I was sightless, soundless, and a long way from home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Toto... I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'(-Wizard of Oz) LOL

Anyways, if you liked this chapter please give it a vote and follow me on my profile 'SilentLoup'. Also, add this to your library, reading list or whatever else there is so you can know when there's a new update. 

After all, a writer is not a writer without a reader :) P.S- That means I love you guys!

So remember to...

Vote,

Share,

Comment

&

Follow!

And as always... Keep Reading!

~SilentLoup♥