Chapter Fourteen: And Now the World Knows

{Chapter 14 POV: Lizzie Hearts}

[Hey hey sorry about this really really awful video clearly taken by a fan... It's really hard to find good videos on YouTube that aren't copyright protected. Anyway, watching this video brought back memories... I did see Austin perform this live on tour actually this video is from one of those shows. Oh and I apologize for the fact that you can clearly tell when he is lip synching... But he isn't always hahaha. This video is What About Love by Austin Mahone and if you read below you'll see where this comes in...]

"So, lemme get this straight, Poppy told you to kiss Cerise?" I said, loudly, but trying to keep calm, backstage before the show began to my boyfriend Austin. If his story matches what Apple and Holly told me, I can believe him.

There was a hesitation, then he gulped and said "yes."

"Do you regret what you did?" I continued, feeling really pulled in a bunch of different directions. I didn't know how to feel about what I was hearing. I felt bad for not believing Cerise when Austin had sort of lied to me, but here he was confessing to me, saying that if was a big mistake, and apologizing- to me, and Cerise.

In fact, the whole band was here, and even Kitty. Kitty sat on a folding chair in the corner playing on her mirrorphone, but I know it was because she was just avoiding interaction with Austin. The whole band was keeping busy, as there was only an hour until showtime. We were all ready, and now was our time to relax a little so we aren't tired before we go on.

"Yes... I'm sorry Cerise... Don't take it the wrong way but I actually don't like you as anything more than a friend," he said, running his hand through his hair awkwardly.

"That's fine 'cause same," Cerise, who was eating a blue push-up ice pop, forgave him. She was always eating.

"How did she get you on her team anyway? What did she promise you that she had no intention of keeping?" Holly asked while putting a clear top coat over her perfect baby pink manicurse.

"Oh, heh, she um... She said I could get revenge on Alistair for getting me banned from Wonderland..." Austin mumbled softly. His cheeks turned red and he smiled sheepishly at me.

"Really," Kitty groaned, rolling her eyes, but not looking up from the phone.

"I only did it because I was bored and I thought it would be fun and stupid pranks and stuff, I wasn't trying to ruin anyone's lives," he said apologetically. "And Holly, I really am sorry about what happened. It was a set up, and Blake hasn't talked to me about it since..."

Holly twisted the cap back on the bottle of nail polish and shifted uncomfortably at the mention of Blake. Her eyes were shiny and I thought she might cry, but I didn't know what to say to make it better.

"It's... Okay. I forgive you. At least you're talking to me right now. Since I didn't believe him at first I wouldn't let him talk on the phone and he has been avoiding me ever since... But hey, since you're here, maybe you could come onstage with us tonight and surprise our fans! That would be fun." Holly's happy mood was back, but I could tell that what was happening with Blake was still the first thing on her mind. Holly always seemed cheerful in even the worst of times and quick to forgive, which was really something to admire about her.

I wasn't sure I liked the idea of Austin coming onstage with us tonight. The press had somehow not figured out we were a thing yet, and I wasn't sure I wanted them to know yet. Of course there's also the idea that the press will think one of the other girls is dating Austin and not me. Austin is really, really secretive about his destiny and background. People wouldn't know he's my prince of hearts.

"Sure, that would be cool," Austin agreed before I could say anything.

I just let out a pent-up sigh and turned to a setup makeup counter to check my makeup and reapply my lipstick.

*

"Destinizers, we have a special surprise for you tonight. My good friend and someone very close to this group, Austin King!" Holly announced to the arena.

Austin came jogging out of the wings and before stopping between Holly and I, kissed me on the cheek and gave Holly a thankful hug.

The audience roared in excitement.

The background track for Austin's song "What About Love" began to play. Between when Holly asked Austin if he'd want to perform with us and the beginning of the show, we'd worked to arrange the song so we'd be performing it with him.

Austin sang and danced extremely well, and I knew he was trying hard to impress our fans.

The performance was an interesting one, not quite as I'd imagined it sounding, but better.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Austin King!" Holly shouted cheerily into the microphone.

"Thanks girls for inviting me to perform with you tonight, and bye guys, this has been wonderful and I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me really soon! Goodnight!" Austin said farewell to the crowd with a quick smile and wave before exiting in the same spot he'd come from.

I'm sure the media will go mad for that "I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me really soon" part of Austin's exit speech.

*

We closed the show sometime close to 11 pm. Austin was still around when we came off the stage.

"Hey, it's 11:11, make a wish Austin," Holly joked, referencing Austin's single 11:11.

Austin was on the phone, though, and he called Holly over. "It's Blake. He just asked about you," he whispered to Holly with his hand over the phone so Blake wouldn't hear.

"Yeah, actually I just performed with her at her show tonight... Yeah, she was great... Did you want to talk to her? She's coming in right now... Oh, okay. You better figure that out soon. If you don't she could go mad- I mean, get mad. I forgot there's a difference in Ever After... Okay, bye dude," Austin conversed with Blake over the phone.

He turned to Holly next. "He didn't want to talk to you, sorry Hollz," Austin said after hanging up. He and Duchess gave Holly reassuring hugs so she wouldn't cry again. If only it were that easy, because Holly turned away from them and dashed to the other side of backstage to her dressing room to change out of her costume, tears already streaming from her eyes.

Austin shrugged. "I tried."

"You did," I responded, kissing him on the cheek before entering the dressing room I shared with Duchess and Apple.

"Goodnight, I'll text you," he called to me.

The dressing room lights were low when I walked in and made me even more sleepy. Apple and Duchess had already changed. Duchess was rubbing her sloppily face with a makeup remover wipe and Apple slipped her feet into comfy sneakers.

"I am so ready to go back to the hotel and get some sleep," Apple sighed, flopping on a couch against the wall.

"Same," I said. "I just hope Duchess doesn't snore again," I joked, in a new and surprising pleasant mood, "she sounds like she's honking in her sleep."

"I am! And I'm sorry I can't help it!" Duchess yelled at us, but was laughing right along with us.

I was just glad the long night was finally over. I would deal with the raging media tomorrow.

{A/N: Holy shmiz the last time I updated this story was the day before I saw 5sos *insert crying face emoji here* *sigh*}