•Chapter 7•

Mrs. Christina Perkins

Flashback

Senior year was finally over now I just have to go through the summer without being found out. I was 3 months pregnant and if my mother found out all hell would break loose. She tends to have mental breakdowns where some days are good while the rest are horrid, she just doesn't like to admit it though. All I had to do was keep it hidden until I left for Atlanta next month which I would do early of course. I was headed on a bus back to Jacksonville Florida. I wouldn't say I grew up poor but we had just enough to get by and still enjoy life's pleasures. I was no where near showing yet but my mom had this knack for picking up on stuff so I had to steer clear of her for next couple of months. As the bus pulled into the station, I could see my brother's car parked and waiting for me.

"Hey mini me, I missed you," he said giving me a tight squeeze.

"I missed you too, Mike."

"We already late for dinner and you know how mom gets."

He took my bags and put them in the trunk of the car then we sped off .

"Soo, how was your first year of college."

"It was great I mean I met a lot of new people, learned a lot of new things, experienced a lot of new things. Got good grades in every class just like mama wanted."

"You'd better cause she woulda whooped yo ass," he laughed.

I was so caught up in the conversation that I didn't realize my phone was ringing, it was my boyfriend Ray. He knows I'm pregnant because I told him right after he proposed to me last night.

I answered," Hey."

"You reach home okay? I haven't heard from you in hours."

"Yes, I'm fine," I said a smile forming upon my face. "My brother just picked me up from the station."

"I miss you, I didn't understand why you had to leave."

"I had to see my family before I leave baby, I miss you too. I'll be back out before the end of next month."

"How's my baby doing? "

"Fine. Look I just pulled up to the house I'll call you later okay."

"Okay, bye."

I hung up the phone to find my brother looking at me.

"What?!"

"Ray?"

"Yes who else you think It was?"

"I don't know thought you guys had broken up?"

"We got back together  5 months ago. He proposed to me last night."

"Congratulations, where the ring at though?!"

"Mike you know damn well I am not walking into that house with no ring on after what happened the last time I brought Ray home."

"Good point."

When we got out the car we started unloading the bags and headed them into the house. My dad was nowhere in sight which means he's either at work, at a bar or at his mistress' house. When I walked into the kitchen she was sitting by the table drinking scotch.

"Mama what's wrong it's too early for you to be drinking , especially scotch."

I took the glass away from her and she lunged for it.