•Chapter 17•

Emani

"Hey."

"Hi Emani."

"Is everything okay with you guys? Are you safe? I'm sorry I took this long to check in but I had to be sure."

"I understand baby, I heard on the news that Jordan was missing what's that about?"

"Jordan is being held hostage by Erin."

"Shut up! Stop lying!"

"He is torturing him, doesn't want to kill him until they get Averie."

It has been 3 days since I dropped the kids off by Heather in Pennsylvania. I hopped on the first plane and headed back to the A to get my man back.

"Emani you are in over your head sweetie come back. We have Averie and they can't find us just come back."

"I'm making my move tonight Heather, if I don't call in 48 hours call the police and tell them where to find me."

With that being said I hung up the phone and dropped it in the toilet. Both my parents left town along with my grandmother to avoid being another target. It was safe out here for nobody no more. I'm just glad I got the kids and Heather away from it all just in time.

2 months ago...

"Okay grandma anything else you need before I get home? "

"Some Ben and Jerry's would be nice."

"Okay I'll drop the kids off first."

I was just finishing up my ballet class which Averie takes and was on my way to drop her off at Jordan's. Pulling up in the driveway I noticed a strange car parked on the opposite side of the street. Making my way out of the car I put it to the back of my mind until I got inside the house.

To no one's surprise Jordan wasn't home which meant I had to wait until Heather came before I could leave. While waiting, I pulled out my phone and shot my grandma a quick text telling her not to wait up and I would be late. I gave the kids a bath and made them something to eat in the meantime. I left them to watch TV in the living room and started cleaning up the kitchen. Just as I was through cleaning Heather walked in.