•Chapter 9•

Jordan

It's been two weeks since I've seen Mia because according to her doctor's note, she's 'ill'. I've been so swamped with work that there are days I don't make it home. I wasn't far from asking Emani to help me. I don't mind working double because now I can breathe. Unfortunately for me, I was about to drown in my work as I now had to head the designs for the new private school they were opening in my neighborhood.

"Lamar," I said answering the phone.

"You are the hardest person to get in contact with you know that."

"Who is this?"

"Your Uncle, boy what you mean who is this."

"I'm sorry. Little distracted and swamped with work at the moment. What you want?"

"I heard you moved back to Atlanta and you didn't even hit me up."

"This job has kept me pretty busy trust me. I ain't been home in couple days."

"What are you the CEO? Nobody suppose to be working that hard for a company that don't have their name on Jordan. Anyway, I just called to check on you and to invite you to dinner but it seems as if you won't make it," he chuckled.

"Nah, I could use a break. It's 3pm so I should probably wrap up and be home by 4pm. So is 8pm good for you?"

"Tonight no, tomorrow yes."

"Okay tomorrow it is then."

"I'll meet you at The Cage."

"Alright."

"Oh, and bring your mother."

"Will try," I laughed before I hung up.

I haven't seen my uncle in damn near five years, what could he possibly want. He got total control of my father's company now so I don't see what we got to talk about. My family was not like most, I separated myself from them because in some shape or form they're tainted. The lust for power and money is stagnant and I don't want to be apart of that. I knew if I didn't relinquish my rights to my dad's company, he would find a way to take it from me.

I looked at all the work spread across my desk and sighed, I need help. I decided to just leave it all and go home before I combusted. I'm so on edge lately, hopefully I don't go home to no bullshit. I locked my computer, took up my briefcase and walked out the office locking the door behind me.

When I opened my front door I heard no sounds which meant no one was home. I made a bee line for my room taking the stairs two at a time. I flung my briefcase in the corner near the door and slipped my feet out my shoes before flopping down on my bed. Just as I was about to close my eyes, my phone started vibrating in my pocket. Taking it out to turn it off I saw it was Mani calling.

"What is it?"

"Grouchy much."

"Look I just got home and I want to sleep."

"Really? I didn't hear you get in," she said emerging from the bathroom.

I hung up the phone and flung it on the bed before taking my tie off.

"You okay, you look awful."

"I'm fine just need to sleep."

"You work too much that's your problem."

I sighed,"What did you want?"

"You were suppose to come to therapy with me today. But it's cool, sleep."

"Oh, shit I'm sorry E. I completely forgot."

"It's fine," she said giving me a weak smile.

I flopped back on the bed. If I know her and I do know her, she is not happy and won't let this go. I'm to tired to give any fucks right now so I guess I'll face the bullshit when I wake up.