Chapter 5

Heres the fifth chappie. I entered this into watty awards so if ya'll think its good enough please vote and tell your friends or fans about it. :D Hope you guys enjoy this. :P

*****************************************************

Page left to get ready and I was instructed to wear something nice. After stripping out of my clothes I went to my closet and lazily searched through them. After a few minutes I put on a black and white striped shirt with a lacy corset top over it. Then forking through my drawer I found a black skirt. Once everything was on I flipped the robe off my mirror and stood in front of it.

'I must've gotten taller or this skirt has gotten shorter.' I thought trying to tug it lower than where it rested, mid thigh. My pale legs resembled the naked mole rat from 'Kim Possible' to me. After vainly trying for a few more minutes I grabbed some long striped socks matching my undershirt. It still showed a few inches of skin in between but it had to do unless I wanted to wear jeans.

Going into the bathroom I touched up my red roots with a roots comb I had stored under the sink. Then looking into the mirror the reflection looking back wasn't too pretty.

My mascara had run all over my face from earlier making me look like some kind of girl in a horror movie. I shuddered at the thought and washed my face reapplying makeup right afterwards.

"Hey sis." I heard from my bedroom. I leaned out the door and gave Ben a little nod to show I heard him. He took that as a sign to make himself comfortable and did a superman jump into my bed.

"Looking good Vic." He gave his nod of approval as I exited the bathroom. I blushed and subconsciously pulled my skirt down, before putting on some black, torn up, high-tops. "I heard about earlier." He stated casually making me freeze in my spot. "I bet he deserved it." I relaxed and gave him a smile and a nod showing him he was correct in his assumption.

"You really need to stop skipping school though." He said thoughtfully making me snort and nod in agreement. I looked down and finished lacing up my shoes. When I looked up he was right in front of me making me jump. I got a good look at him and saw that he was wearing a crisp blue button up shirt, nice jeans, and Vans.

"I'm gonna make an excuse so we can take my car then half way through the night you can act sick so we can leave early!" He stated brightly.

I nodded happily, loving his idea. "After the food though." He said thoughtfully licking his lips.

"You kids ready?" Steve asked coming into the room.

"Yeah! Dad Victoria wants to drive because she rarely gets the opportunity. Can we take my car?" I nodded in agreement before making a cute pouty face. He looked at me in shock because I never did these sort of things. It was working though I could see his little parental wall crumbling down.

"Fine!" He sighed before walking off, stomping because we won. Him being a dad to Ben and a foster dad to me he knew something was up and was just bummed he lost.

"Hook, line and sinker!" He said after Steve was out of earshot.

I walked out of the room grabbing my phone and brother along the way and went downstairs. "My, don't you two look smashing!" Page said in her horrible English accent. I smiled at her, in this house the adults were like kids and the kids were more serious. It was rather amusing if you think about it...

"Let's rock and roll!" Steve said. Page and I both sent him a glare on the way out for making us go. It didn't affect him though, he just shrugged carelessly before following us out.

We all silently made our way to our assigned cars and got in. "I hate dressing up." Ben groaned unbuttoning his top button before forcefully pushing the key into the ignition. With both hands I pointed toward his clothes and did a thumbs up. "You know that's the first compliment I've ever gotten from you." He said smirking before turning the key. The engine roared to life and the radio came on a rock station.