one

Harry had been dreaming peacefully when the doorbell woke him. A soft groan escaped his lips as his hands lifted to rub his tired eyes.

The clock read 2:47AM and he groaned again as the obnoxious chime sounded again. His warm, and very comfortable, sheets were pushed aside as he pulled himself out of bed, his right hand running through his slightly tangled hair.

His footsteps echoed through the empty flat as he slowly made his way downstairs wondering who the hell could need him so early in the morning. The only person that came to mind was long gone and his heart dropped slightly at the thought.

He didn't even know why she'd gone away, sure, they'd both gone through awful breakups and handled it horribly, getting drunk, and they'd ended up having sex but they still could have moved past it. Or at least, that's what he thought anyway.

A yawn took hold of his vocal chords and stretched his mouth only a few steps from the door. He was exhausted and surprised that he'd even managed to get out of the bed in the first place.

Harry peaked through the glass only to catch the very familiar sight of his porch. He sighed as he opened the door, maybe whoever it was was still near or had left him something, like a note or even a package, hell, he had no idea, he was barely even awake.

The cool night air was refreshing against his skin and, despite his want of sleep, woke him right up.

There was no one there.

Harry frowned and was about to head back inside when a soft sound caught his attention, his eyes drifting down to see where it had came from.

A few inches away from his bare feet sat a nice little basket that held an adorable little girl wrapped in a soft, pink blanket with a small note on her tiny little tummy.

Harry couldn't help but to pick up the poor little thing and hold her in his arms, the note stuck in his free hand.

"You're such a pretty little girl, who would leave you like this?" He muttered more to himself than the small infant that reacted to his touch instantly, her small head resting against his shoulder.

The soft glow emitted by his porch light was enough light for him to read the note:

Please take care of her; she's yours I just can't take care of her right now. I'm so sorry.

His heart sank as he read the finely penned words, she was his but he couldn't fathom how and he was hurt that whoever her mother was just gave her up like that.

Her, the sweetest and most adorable little baby girl he'd ever seen.

Harry bounced the little baby gently in his arms, "What's your name sweetheart?"

He wasn't expecting an answer of course, but a soft smile crept to his lips when she made another soft, adorable baby noise.

He took another look at the basket to notice that there was also some papers under where she had lain.

Harry retrieved the basket itself and returned the door to its closed and locked position, the glow from the front light still seeping through the windows and door.

He had just enough light to make out what the papers were, one was her birth certificate, the mother's name not listed, and her social security card.

Harry couldn't help the smile that formed on his lips, "Lilly, that definitely suits you. Well, Lilly, I guess it's just us now, huh?"