epilogue

Skylar smiled as his hands wrapped around her waist, "Does this mean that I am forgiven?"

Harry hummed and placed a sweet kiss to her shoulder, "You are forgiven."

There was a moment of silence between them, "I love you."

Harry smiled, "You know I love you too."

They had stayed up rather late, talking lightly about anything and anything and Skylar finally felt the true weight of the world fall off her shoulders. He was no longer upset with her and she could tell in more ways than just one.

Lilly was beyond happy that she had come back and told her the truth. She had asked why she left in the first place, not for the few months but in general because she had always known that she was her mummy, and Skylar made something up because Harry had explained she would like that much better until she was older.

She was elated when Skylar had told her that she was staying with them for good and hugged her tightly and told her that she loved her.

That was the first time she had ever said that to Skylar and she found it hard not to cry as she hugged her back.

Harry had been distant with her for a very long time, even when they went to couples counseling he still had troubles forgiving her but eventually he found a way to because he really did love her. Not to mention that Lilly had begun to notice how he no longer acted like they were together and he knew that it was upsetting her, so he worked on it.

Everything had worked out and everyone was happy. Lilly had grown up to be a beautiful young woman and worked as a journalist for a popular magazine which made both of her parents very proud, especially Harry.

She was still a daddy's girl even as an adult and that made Harry beyond happy, Skylar too because she knew it would have happened either way and she loved seeing the two of them interact.

Harry and Skylar ended up getting married after a few years and eventually Lilly had found out the truth; she wasn't upset like she should have been though, she was compassionate on both ends which was something very special.

Lilly ended up marrying Derek, the little boy who had always had a crush on her since she was little and braided her hair. They were even high school sweethearts and Harry marveled at how things had worked out for her, he had always wanted that with Skylar but what they had ended up with was more than enough.

She had been abandoned once, but never again in her life until her parents died, and that was enough for everyone.