four

"Daddy can I still go look at the princess stuff!?" Lilly asked, still very excited that her father had let her miss school when she wasn't sick and took her shopping.

Harry laughed as he balanced everything he'd agreed to let her get precariously in his arms, "Yes, as long as you stay where I can see you. You mean the world to Daddy and he doesn't want to lose you."

Lilly nodded happily and hugged his legs, "Fank you daddy!"

She ran off seconds later, leaving him with a soft smile and all of her new things. He was relieved that she was no longer in tears and worrying about her mother; he hated it when she was upset.

His eyes focused on her as she weaved through all of the bright and sparkly materials, a wide smile on her lips and her dimples on full display. She really was his world, even if he hadn't planned for her she had taken a hold of his heart the moment he'd laid eyes on her.

The cashier calling him to the next open register brought his focus back to getting out of the frilly store. Harry completely forgot to keep an eye on his precious little Lilly and when everything was paid and in bags he panicked. Lilly wasn't anywhere in sight.

"I told her to stay there...oh my god...my little girl..."

His breathing was abnormal now as he frantically scanned the store, eyes wide and heart racing. He couldn't lose her. Not his precious little girl.

"Lilly!? Lilly where are you!?"

Tears were seconds away from escaping his eyes when Lilly ran in from the front with the same wide smile she'd worn while looking at all of the pretty dresses.

"I'm right here daddy!"

A sigh of relief passed his lips before he dropped down to her level as she ran into his open arms.

"Please listen to daddy sweetheart, I thought I lost you. Where did you run off to?"

Lilly looked at him with a slight pout, "Sorry Daddy."

Tears started to form quickly and he lifted her into his arms amidst the many bags he now carried, his thumb quick to wipe a stray tear away, "It's okay sweetie, you're not in trouble. I was just very worried about you."

His soft lips met her warm cheek, "Can you please tell me where you went?"

Lilly's smile returned as she wiped her eyes and nodded, "I saw Mummy and went to get her."

Harry's brows knitted together, confusion washing over his features, "You saw Mummy?"

Lilly nodded happily and hummed, "Mmhhmm! She's over there!"

She pointed to a woman leaving the store in a rush and Harry immediately went to follow, if Lilly thought that was her Mummy he had to at least try to find out.

The woman disappeared into the crowd and he grew frustrated and disappointed until he saw the familiar color of her jacket peak through the mass of people.

He didn't bother calling out for her, he didn't know her name and she'd probably run faster anyway.

She was inches away now, his hand gently tugged at the soft fabric of her coat, "Excuse me?"

The woman stopped, a perplexed look on her face momentarily before changing to one of recognition, "Harry?"

"Skylar?"