Chapter 28: New Year Special

(Sakura's POV)

After wasting lotsa times...

We held our meeting in a barbecue place thingy. It's where there is grill on you table and a raw meat and you, yourself, will cook your own bbq. 

I started myself with a greeting. --->>> "CHOJI AND NARUTO, STOP FOOD FIGHTING!!!"

Nice greeting, huh?!?!

"Anyway, we are all gathered here so that I can announce you something.", I said as I cook my own bbq. "We're gonna have our New Year outside our homes and at TOKYO!!!"

"H-Huh?!?! W-We will?!?!", Ino asked with an uncomfortable tone in her voice. 

"Is there a problem with that Yamanaka-san?!?!", I tried to make my voice scarier.

"N-No... it's just that...---"

"Asuna-sensei and Kurenai-sensei invited us to have our new year in Hawaii...", Shikamaru continued Ino's answer. 

I noticed that these two had been close lately... I guess it really worked out.

"Yeah! -munch- It's -munch- something to do with their homeymoon... -munch-", Choji said between his munches.

"No you dummy! Asuna-sensei wanted us to help him in his propose act thingy. So, we got free trip to Hawaii!", Kiba excitedly said.

"So that's what happened. Yamanaka-san, Nara-san, Akimichi-san and I are gonna have New Year in Hawaii.", Shino explained.

I looked around and asked, "Anyone else who will have their New Year in a hot place other than the said above?!"

No one raised their hand.

"Ok then, I permit Yamanaka Ino, Nara Shikamaru, Akimichi Choji and Aburame Shino to have their New Year in Hawaii! So, good luck with helping out Asuna-sensei.", I said then dismissed them already.

I called Ino after the meeting. I wanna ask a few things about her. So we both stayed at the BBQ Place.

"Hey, Ino... how did te confession go?!", I asked.

"Well... Sasuke-lun turned me down...", Ino said and gave a weak smile.

"Oh... I'm s---", but before I was about to apologize, she interrupted me.

"No need to say sorry.", she said. "I even need to thank you for encouraging me to confess to him, because if I hadn't..."

She gave a long pause and the weak smile turned big. Like she was really happy.

"... then... I couldn't have met a man better than Sasuke-kun!", she continued.

"There is such thing?!?!", I asked.

"Well... he might not look like he's a better guy tan Sasuke-kun, but... if you just look deeper and understand and know him better... he is.", she explained.

"So, who is it?!?!", I asked with a thrill in my voice.

"It's Shikamaru-kun!"

At first it made me frost... but... I shouldn't react like this. My crush is much more idiotic than Ino's.

"And... he's already my boyfriend and I am his girlfriend!"

And that really hit me!

"HUWAAAT?!?! REALLY?!?!", I don't know why... but somehow, I feel like... I'm... jealous?!?!

"I see... I was the first one to have a boyfriend than you! Hohoho", she started annoying me.

"W-Well.. I'll have one! You'll see!!!", I tried to act more braver and I don't know what the heck for!