Chance Encounter

I woke up to the sound of Sam Cook belting out A Change Gonna Come, and she sun shining in my face. I rolled over to check the time. 8:17 the clock blinked at me. Ugh. I could go back to sleep, but I decided I'd go see what Nan was up to today.

I barely had my eyes open as I made my way to the bathroom. As I was turning the corner I smacked into a solid body. I looked up, irritated at this collision, and had smiling green eyes staring back. Oh god I look like shit. "Good Morning, Sunshine!" Oliver said. He is too damn cheery today. I was embarrassed and wondered why he was in my house.

"What the heck are you doing here?!" I said, not trying to sound bitchy, but I failed. Oops"I wanted to see how hit you looked in the morning so I know when to avoid you." He teased and winked. I rolled my eyes and pushed past him into the bathroom.

Sometimes I'd like to punch him. I brushed my teeth and tried to salvage my overly messy bun but gave up. Wiping the make up from under my eyes so I didn't look that deathly. I walked into the kitchen grabbing a giant coffee cup, filling it to the top.

Nan seen me and smiled, "Come sit with us Ireland!" I followed her and plopped down in the rocking chair across from Oliver. Nan sat with us and didn't say anything. We sipped our coffee and looked at each other. Awkward. "Oh I forgot I gotta go to town! Bye!" She stated as she scurried to the door. Smooth Nan, real smooth.

Oliver and I laughed and he asked "So what are your plans today?" "Pistol is picking me up at 5 because we have "big plans"." I explained. He nodded and didn't ask anymore questions.

"I'm starving" he complained. I was too and I got the perfect idea. My eyes shined as a grabbed his wrist and pulling him up, "Come onnnnnn" I whined but he wasn't budging. I continued to pull while using all my strength. He laughed at my efforts and eventually got up. I led him into the kitchen and he immediately sat down.

"Ohhhh no Dude, You're helping me!" I scolded. I wasn't sure what he liked so I decided it was biscuits and sausage gravy. I started frying the sausage and poored the flour in the pan preparing the gravy. Oliver didn't help at all, instead he grabbed a handful of flour and BAM Right in my face. He couldn't even breath he was laughing so hard.

We continued to launch flour until someone cleared their throat. "Get this cleaned up now." My dad said. He stalked away pissed off about nothing.

We burst into laughter. I pulled the biscuits out and grabbed plates. I handed it to him and he thanked me with a smile. We ate in silence "That was really fucking good." He commented.

"Thanks for food, but I gotta get to work, see ya later?" He hooked his arm around my shoulder. "Yeah no problem." I almost shit myself when he kissed my forehead and off he went.

I went back to sleep until 1:30, and I decided it was time to get ready. I washed my hair and body and decided to shave my legs.

I wore my Goonies croptop and white shorts, finished with my high top converse. I curled my hair and did my usual makeup.

My phone went off and it was a text from Pistol On My Way be ready ;) I swear she's a creep.