Drowning your pain

I woke up with completely engulfed in Oliver. We were a tangled mess of arms and legs. I studied him while he slept. I couldn't help but smile at the way his eyelashes layed perfectly on his cheeks and how his lips pouted. His hair was sticking up in all directions due to his large amount of hair gel from the night before. He was a beautiful man.

My eyes wandered over his tattoos on his arm that was draped over my body. I traced his tattoo of a Celtic knot over and over again. I stopped when he startled me with his groggy morning voice, "I know I've seen you in the morning before, but you look fucking beautiful." I giggled at his words knowing I looked like a mess. "Thank you, you look like a train wreck tho." I teased. He rolled his perfect green eyes and smiled. "Do you have any ink?" He asked. "Uh yeah. I have two now, but I plan on getting more." I loved tattoos and I planned on being covered eventually. "Let me see!" He demanded excitedly. I rolled out of his grip and lifted my shirt exposing my shoulder. I had a sailor Jerry style swallow with the words "with brave wings she flies" in script underneath. "That's awesome. Check this out" he stated as he pointed to a similar bird on his arm. They were almost identical and it made me smile. "Wow that's weird. But it looks really good." I said. He smiled proudly as he said "did it myself." "You tattooed yourself?" I asked dumbfounded. "Yep. Did a few myself." I couldn't believe this guy. He really was a piece of work. In a good way of course.

We chatted for a while and lazily smiled at each other. In such a short time I've felt so comfortable with him. We were interrupted by Pistol when she barged in and looked at us and cleared her throat, "well well looked like you two hit it off. If you know what I mean." She stated while winking. I launched a pillow in her direction and she didn't even try and dodge it from her face. Oliver and I high fived and he laughed as pistol threw it back hitting us both in the face.

"Time for food" Andrew announced while peeking his head in the room. Pistol followed him out. I got out of bed and Oliver followed. Before I left the room he grabbed my wrist and I turned to him. He kissed me softly like he did before. And again it felt like a promise.

We piled in the car to make our way to the local diner to cure our hangovers. We talked casually and Pistol brought up the situation with the slime ball that wanted to "get to know me". "I forgot all about that! Are you okay?" I frantically asked as I examined Olivers hand that didn't leave my thigh all through breakfast. "Yeah, I'm good, babe. I gave him the sleep of a life time" he and Andrew snickered remembering him being knocked out. My face grew red at him calling me babe. His knuckles had a faint trace of dried blood and looked bruised.

We finished eating and Andrew took me home. Before I got out, Oliver landed a kiss right on my lips. "Text me later babe." I practically died at that name again. I was in a great mood until I got in the door.

My Mom rushed to find me, "We found a house!" She exclaimed. "Oh cool where at." I tried to sound interested, but failed. As usual. "Not too far, its not very big. But it'll do." Great. Moving again. Just when I got unpacked. "When are we moving in?" I asked. "Next week for sure." She smiled. I walked away and decided I should start packing.

Since the move my mom has tried to become my best friend. We've never gotten along. I had a lot of built up anger towards her and my dad. Too many nights I wondered if she'd come home. She drank a lot and sometimes her nights of going out turned into days and sometimes weeks. She was never there when I needed her. Actually she was never really there at all. Same with my dad. He was there when he was feeling guilty. But that was never permanent. He'd cry and tell us he'd stop drinking. Then the next week hed be passed out in a puddle of his own piss. So I quit waiting for a change in them. I just lost all respect. I understand people have issues, and addictions. But they didn't try and fight them. They made friends with their sorrows.

I never quite understood how my family was the way it was. I was surrounded by people who had great qualities, and a lot of issues due to previous generations. They drowned their selves in drugs or alcohol. And passing down the hurt and pain to their kids.

I hated drugs. I've seen it destroy too many people and unfortunately its taken many lives of my family. I wouldn't tolerate drugs and I didn't plan on changing my mind about them. Ever. 
_________________________________________
Sorry for not updating! I've been very torn about continuing the book, due to previous events. But I think I'll be finishing it. I hope you all enjoy! Vote and comment! All feedback is appreciated. Thank you again lovelies!