Moving

Authors note: This is my first book and I appreciate all feedback and hope you enjoy!

"Change can be good" my mother said as she was trying to calm me down about the big move. I wanted to laugh at her useless attempts to make me think positive about our relocation.

As I obnoxiously packed my stuff I mumbled "yeah and were going to stay there this time." She ignored my jab but finally gave up and left me alone. After 13 years of being divorced my parents are getting back together. So naturally I'm forced to leave my life in Chicago to go live in my grandmas farm house. In fucking.... KENTUCKY. To make matters worse, its the end of my senior year.

I finished packing my shit so we can make our way "home" as my mother likes to call it.

I sat on my bed trying to bite back the tears. I'm not the person to cry. I turn my sadness into anger and hit shit. But I just didn't have the energy today.

I heard a knock on my door. Greaaaaattt. "Come in" I managed to say while clearing my throat. It was my dad and I'm sure he has something remarkable to say. Considering he's on his 9th beer in an hour. Leaning against my doorway he chuckled at the state I was in. Asshole

"Now, young lady, why are you causing your mother grief?" He always took that tone of voice that I wouldn't dare argue with.
Well not this time daddy-o
"Well Dad, because this move is.... bullshit." I smiled sweetly and chuckled to myself pretending I didn't notice his eyes about pop out of his skull from my remark.

"Sometimes in life you have to do things you don't want too." He said as he slammed my door and walked down the hall.

It seemed like hours before they told me it was time. I got in the back of our white ford focus, squished between my little brothers. I couldn't bear to listen to my parent chat so I put in my headphones and let Ronnie Radke drown everything out.