New Friend

Sophie is 8 months pregnant. Her back is sore all the time, she doesn't go anywhere because if she does, her back will hurt even more. She felt useless. She was part of the team who took down the Neverseen. She was the girl who survived kidnappings, interrogations, fire and Mt. Everest. When did she become so weak? Edaline had assured her that this was normal, but she still felt weak. She climbed out of bed with effort.She got dressed then went downstairs. When she got downstairs, she saw Keefe, Fitz, Dex and Biana all laughing. When they saw Sophie they waved her over. "Hey Sophie" Fitz said. He hugged her and sat back down. "How's everything going?" Dex asked. "pretty good. Elwin said the baby was healthy and growing normal. We still wont let him tell us the gender though. He seems so anxious to tell us when we go. It's kind of funny" Sophie said. Everyone laughed. They went into the kitchen and Sophie took out some custard bursts. Everyone took one except for Sophie. Then Fitz cleared his throat. "Me and Marella are getting married" He said. Sophie smiled. She knew that Marella has had a life long crush on him. She was finally getting what she wanted. They all congratulated him and everyone except Sophie took another custard burst. "So, when's the wedding?" Dex asked. "A couple months. When is the baby due, Sophie?" Fitz asked. "Next month. Could be earlier or later" Sophie answered. Then she felt something on the inside of her stomach. This baby is really active she thought. She rolled her eyes. The kid could be hard to take care of. Or could take after Keefe's pranking ways. Sophie started to feel nauseous even though she didn't have anything to eat yet. She excused herself and went upstairs. She sat on her bed and heard a faint knock on the door. "Sophie? Are you okay?" a voice said. It was Biana. "Yeah I think I'm fine. Come in" Sophie said. The door opened and Biana walked in. She sat down next to Sophie and wrapped her arm around her. "I'm sure it gets better from here. How do you feel?" Biana asked. "Umm.......Biana. Something's happening" Sophie said. "I'll get Keefe" Biana said. Then she ran out the door yelling "KEEFE! SOMETHING'S UP WITH SOPHIE!" Sophie didn't know what the sensation was, or how to describe it. All she knew was this hurts. Keefe and Biana walked into the room and Sophie was breathing heavily. "Keefe, remember what I said about the due date and how it could be earlier or later? Well this baby is coming earlier" Sophie said. Biana clapped her hands giddily and smiled. Keefe sighed and said "I'll bring you to Elwin. Biana, You tell the others what's happening and meet us at Elwin's" Then he pulled out his pathfinder and fiddled with the crystal. He made a beam of light and stepped into it, holding Sophie's hand. They arrived at Elwin's familiar office and waled inside. "Elwin, Sophie's in labor" Keefe said. Elwin grabbed Sophie's hand and laid her down on the cot. He flashed different colored lights around her stomach."You're right. Here, drink these Sophie" Elwin said. He handed her bottles of different colored liquids and Sophie drank them, one by one. The pain started to ease. About ten minutes after she drank the vials, Elwin handed her one more. After she drank that, she heard crying. She wasn't in pain anymore and she could see Elwin holding a bundle of blankets. Sophie was too light headed to think about what had just happened. She sat up, and the blood rushed to her head. Elwin handed her the blankets and inside was a baby. Her baby. Their baby. Then Elwin said something. "Say hello to Mare Calli Sencen. Your new baby girl"

A/N: Sorry it was so short. I wanted to end this chapter on a sweet note. Yay for Mare Calli Sencen! She has the best parents EVER!!!!