Chapter 35

"Thank you for tonight," I tell Kian as he stops near the stairs.

"No problem, I'm glad I ran into you," he smiles.

"Hopefully we get to hang out more," I say.

"Of course, just text me," he nods.

"I will, thank you," I open my door.

I step down from the car and look back at Kian. He watches me with pitiful eyes.

"Goodnight Kian," I smile.

"Wait," he sighs.

He puts the car in park and walks towards me. I have no idea what might happen, but for my sake I'm hoping he isn't doing what I think he is. Kian comes up to me and wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a bear hug.

"Goodnight, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you in those years. If I could change time, I would," his voice vibrates against me.

"It's not your fault. At least we have each other now," I manage to say against his chest.

"Yea, I'm glad," he lets go of me, "goodnight, Lina."

"Goodnight Kian," I wave as he jumps back into his car.

I watch as he leaves and make my way up to my dorm. I'm sure Harry is already here, since he sounded like he couldn't wait over the phone. I open my dorm and find the lights off, completely dark. I switch on the light to find Harry sprawled onto my bed fast asleep. I feel warmth in my chest as I stare at the little Harry. He looks so calm and relaxed, something I never see. A smile breaks my face and I probably look like an idiot.

I turn off the light and just switch the flashlight on my iPhone to meander to my dresser. I take my clothes off and slip on the shirt Harry gave me, I've been sleeping with this a lot lately. I crawl into my bed with Harry beside me. I turn off the flashlight on my iPhone and lay in the dark. I close my eyes trying to catch sleep, but it doesn't come. I sigh and turn my body to face Harry. He's soundless asleep and wonder how he could have fallen asleep so easily.

His arm suddenly shoots out as if trying to find something. It lays on my hip and wraps around me, bringing me to chest. He changed into a white tee and Nike shorts. Yet he still looks beautiful. I close my eyes again, feeling secure in his hold.

"I...love you," he makes out the words, almost inaudible.

Even in his sleep he thinks of me. Just think of it makes my heart want to fly out of my chest. Even though I can be selfish and stupid at times, I know I won't be capable to withstand another moment without him holding me like this. There's nothing better than just holding the one you love and just thank them for being around.

"I love you too," I whisper.

*Morning*

I wake up to the smell of something burning. My eyes widen and I sit up quickly, looking around for a fire, but I see Harry in the kitchen. I stand up and walk up to him, he doesn't notice so I wrap my arms around his waist from behind. He gets a bit startled but relaxed when he realizes it's just a small 5'6 girl.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" He asks.

"No, but the burnt smell did," I joke.

"Yea, I was making blueberry pancakes," he shakes his head.

"How did you burn them?"

"I went to take a piss," he sighs.

"You were taking a piss while the pancake was on the stove cooking?!" I chuckle.

"Well, I had to piss really bad!" He tries to defend himself.

"You could have burned my dorm down," I tease.

"And I would have saved you," he kisses my head.

"Pay attention to your pancake," I point to the pancake that's about to burn.

"Fuck," he curses under his breath.

I shake my head and just let go of him. I walk into the bathroom to get fixed up. I walk back out to find a plate of 3 pancakes stacked on our little table. They're not actually burnt!

"Wow, thank you," I smile at him.

He sits down at the table with his plate of pancakes. I sit down across from him and dig in. The sweetness of the pancake dissolves on my tongue with the mouth watering taste of the blueberries making the sweetness minimal.

"This is really delicious," I speak.

"Really?" He lights up.

"Yea, like better than an pancakes I've ever had," I nod.

"Good thing I didn't give you the burnt pancakes," he jokes.

"I would have put it down your pants."

"How lovely of you," he chuckles.

"Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught," I smirk.

"Did you just quote a song?" He raises his eyebrows.

"....no..." I try to hold a smile.

"5 Seconds of Summer? You listen to rock?" He laughs.

"What? They're pop rock, there's a difference and they're really good okay," I pout like a little kid.

"Not a bad thing," he puts his hands up.

"I love bands, bands are my life," I comment.

"Really? What kind of bands?"

"Usually pop bands," I say.

"Hm, I like The Fray."

"I used to be obsessed with them," I laugh.

"Yea cause they're good," he nods.

"Which song do you like?" I ask.

"Trust Me," he says.

"Hmm, I kind of forgot how that one goes," I frown.

"It goes something like this," he begins to sing a little bit of the song.

My eyes widen at how beautiful his voice is. I've always loved his voice when he spoke, but damn, his singing voice can get me pregnant.

"Wow, you have an amazing voice. How come you never told me you sing?" I ask.

"I never really liked my singing. I sound weird," he eats.

"Uh, no you don't, you sound great. You should go on one of those music talent shows," I tell him bewildered.

"Yea, no. I'm not that good to be on there," he waves it off.

"You've got to be shitting me. Don't ever think that again, you could become a great singer," I point my fork at him.

"Why do you say that like its a threat," he laughs.

"I will shove this fork up somewhere you don't want it to be."

"Feisty, I can deal with that," he does a kissy face.

"Oh shut up," I frown.

"I'll think about it," he smiles.

"So how was your sleep?" I ask.

"I actually got a lot of sleep surprisingly, usually I don't get any sleep," he replies.

"Me too," I agree.

"How was Kian?" I could still hear the dislike he has for him.

"He was fine," I nod, trying to push out the memory of him trying to kiss me.

"Does he go here?"

"No, he goes to CSUN."

"That's a ghetto ass place.."

"Yea, well it's up to him really," I shrug.

"I'd like to get to know him, he seems like a nice guy," he nods.

"Yea, he's a great guy," I smile.