Chapter 2: Flirting?!

Artemis' POV

I flipped on the light switch to the bathroom. It was 9:00 pm and Ms. Martian was doing impersonations of random people. I had decided to take a shower since I was going to bed soon.

I laughed as I heard Batman's voice in the living room.

"I'm Batman!" she said.

I must've been there for a while because when I came out, Aqualad told me I had missed all the fun.

We had parked in a mall parking lot for the night; it was still in Star City because Kaldur had picked Roy up at around five.

I strolled over to my room and put on some pyjamas. Flannel green checkered pants with a flannel green checkered shirt. And also green checkered slippers.

My stomach growled so I made my way to the mini-fridge and inspected it's contents. I finally decided on the last two churros.

"Aw, I was gonna have those," pouted Wally in a desperate voice.

"First come, first served," I teased, taking a slow bite of one of the churros. Wally's eyes followed them everywhere they went.

I sat down and observed who was around me. It was the whole team; Zatanna, Wally, M'gann, Kaldur'Ahm, Rocket, Roy, Conner, Robin and I.

Rocket started shuffling a deck of cards as she called out, "Chase the Ace, anyone?" Everyone raised their hands.

After a few rounds, Robin and Rocket called it quits. Two rounds later so did Wally and Aqualad. Soon after, Zatanna, Conner and Megan all hit the hay. Then it was just me and Roy.

He piled up the deck and set it down. He stared deep into my eyes, clearly lost in his own thoughts. I just looked at the holes in the mask that covered the upper half of his face.

"We aren't on a mission," I said quietly, removing his mask. It revealed stunning, bright blue eyes. At my gasp, he chuckled and looked away.

"That's why I always cover my eyes," the archer joked, wanting to make me laugh. I suddenly became all giggly. Oh no, I thought. This is bad. Really bad. I couldn't be falling for him. I couldn't be falling for anyone!

His eyes seemed to peer into my soul. "Has anyone told you how beautiful your eyes are?" Roy didn't seem to want an answer.

I smiled shyly and looked away, turning a light shade of pink. The archer place his hand on my cheek, making me look up at him. My smile faded and I got an innocent look on my face.

I swear I could have stated into those light blue oceans all night. After what seemed like an hour, he pulled his hand away, only to say, "We've got a big day tomorrow, so better rest up."

With that, he stood up and left the alcove. I decided that I should go to bed, too, if we were going shopping in Ohio.

I shut the door to my room and crawled swiftly under my sheets. The air conditioning made me cold, so I snuggled the covers.

I forced my eyes closed and relaxed every muscle in my body. But my eyes flitted back open. I wasn't tired.

I couldn't stop replaying in my head what had just happened. Roy had just... Flirted with me?! The words kept repeating in my head. 'Has anyone ever told you how beautiful your eyes are?'

With a heavy sigh I realized wasn't going to get any sleep tonight.