Chapter 12: Not A Doubt

Dick's POV

After the crash, I knew I should've been thinking of a way to get Aqualad, Miss Martian and Superboy back from Lex Luthor, but my mind was always on a different topic. Zatanna.

We had almost kissed before the crash, and we hadn't really talked since. I was working up the courage to go talk to her, but I didn't know how to approach her. I really liked her, but whether there was any spark there, I couldn't determine without speaking with her.

But today, I was going to talk to her. I had no choice. She was always in my head and I had to do something about it.

It was a week after the crash and that we had returned to Mount Justice. I was sitting on the couch, alone in the kitchen-living room area. I heard two people yelling at each other in the direction of the medical bay. I shrugged it off and had a spontaneous thought.

I was wearing my green sweater with my black jacket and sunglasses. I stood up and strode quickly out of the hangar door. My pace increased slightly, just below a run. I finally reached the town of Happy Harbour and walked around, in search of a special shop.

After walking the streets for merely five minutes, I found the shop I was looking for: a florist. I bought a bouquet of yellow, pink and white roses, then made a quick stop at the candy shop next door to buy a heart-shaped box of chocolates. Call me cheesy, but I wanted this to be special. I didn't want her to think that I'd forgotten about her.

I wanted Zatanna to feel loved, cared about. I knew life had been hard since her dad had been claimed by Fate, and I never wanted her to feel alone again.

I suddenly started running, sprinting back to the cave, eager to see her angelic face again, smell her beautiful scent. To give her my surprise.

I walked in through the hangar, holding the bouquet and the box of chocolates, speeding past the kitchen and all the way to the hallway where the doors to the bedrooms were. Scoping out the door closest to the end of the hall, I knocked, knowing Zatanna was in there.

"Who is it?" I heard a muffled voice call.

"It's Dick," I replied. A silence dragged out until the door unlocked and opened to reveal Zatanna looking as flawless as always. Her eyes flickered down to my gifts, and a startled expression appeared on her face.

The magician gestured for me to follow her into her room. I came in and she closed the door behind me. I set my things at the foot of her bed and sat close to them. She sat beside me and looked me in the eyes. "We can't pretend it never happened," she started. Another silence followed, but not an awkward one. I was just trying to think of what to say, and whether this little thing might be worth the shot.

"I have suggestion, if you're willing to hear me out," I said. She nodded and I continued. "We should see if there really is something here, if there is a spark and whether we may want to try to make it work." She was silent for a few seconds, while we stared into each other's eyes.

Then, neither of us knowing how it happened, we were kissing. There was no denying that there was a special passion behind our kiss. A passion that had been hidden until now.

I knew that, even though we were young, this was love.

———————————————————————————————

Sorry that this was a short one, I couldn't wait to publish again! Happy New Year 2017! Sorry also for not updating for such a long time. As I said before I had a lot to focus on, especially all the school work I've been doing.

Anyways, I'm doing a little contest. First person to favourite this chapter will win a shoutout at the beginning of my next chapter.

Follow me, and make sure to vote and comment!

Stay traught❤️