Chapter 3: Confession

Wally's POV

Boy Wonder stood in my door frame, trying to make me confess.

"Come on, dude," he coaxed. "Why else would you slip up in front of her like that?" He was so persistent, never willing to back down from a challenge. A common attribute in a member of the Bat family.

"Go away!" I yelled through my pillow, not wanting to show my bright red face. "Even if I did like her, which I DON'T," I emphasized upon seeing his smirk, "I saw her with Roy last night."

Despite his mask, I saw his eyes widen. "Where? Were they..." I had to cut him off. The thought made me cringe.

"NO! They were just... Looking into each other's souls," I finished with disgust. Oh great. Now I would never hear the end of it.

"You said it with disgust!" The bird sounded delighted. I rolled my eyes with a heavy sigh.

"'Cause couples these days are gross!" I spat, feeling half honest.

"Wally, fess up! Because after all, she is available." He winked and shut the door behind him.

It took a bit of time for me to process what he had just said. I felt his presence still lingering around the door. Then it clicked.

"ROBIN!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I heard the whole RV go silent. Looking in the mirror next to me, I realized I was red in the face. I wasn't able to tell whether it was in embarrassment or anger.

I opened the door and grabbed the thirteen year old by the collar. Pulling him real close, I threatened, "Don't lay a finger on her, or I swear..." With that, he wriggled from my grasp, falling neatly to the ground. The boy flattened his shirt, laughing.

"Finally," he said, grinning. "A confession." Some detective he was.