Chapter 19: Choices

Nightwing's POV

I sat on the couch, my head in my hands. I kept asking myself the same question: Did I make the right decision? Ever since we rescued Miss Martian and Superboy, I had been beating myself up for it. We were so close to getting him out...

I couldn't help but imagine what it would be like right now, if Aqualad and Tula were here, today, to send off Red Arrow for when he would go back to fight beside the League.

I stood up, rubbed my eyes and made my way to the Zeta tubes. I used the loud speakers to call the rest of the team here. Roy and Artemis were already here. I guessed that they were talking about Roy's little outburst during the previous mission. They were standing at opposite ends of the room.

"It was great having you, Roy," I said, walking forward to shake his hand. "I wish the road trip would've gone better..." I trailed off. The road trip. It felt like an eternity ago. That's how it all started. A fun idea that Kaldur had one night when we were all drunk. It certainly was fun for the two days that it lasted.

"Maybe we should try having a road trip again soon," he suggested. "You know, in memory of Kaldur's idea." I nodded.

"Maybe once the dust has settled we can do that," I answered.

Wally entered and met Roy's gaze with intensity. "Bye, Roy," he said, walking towards him and shaking his hand. "It was nice of you to join us." He stood back a bit and waiting for Rocket to come and wish him good bye too.

Superboy and Miss Martian entered to bid the archer farewell. I stepped forward to wish him luck, but before I could say anything, Artemis ran from the other end of the room at him, embracing him in a kiss once she reached him.

We all gaped at this sight. I thought they were in a fight?! And since when have these two been a thing?! I looked at Wally, and saw disappointment and surprise in his eyes. Oh no, I thought. He really does like her...

We all just stood there while the two heroes made out. I looked around the room, rocking from my heels to my toes, and I started whistling.

When Artemis finally pulled away, she merely said, "Bye, Roy," turned on her toes and walked out of the room. That was weird. Really weird, I thought.

The archer looked at us as if he had just noticed us. "Sorry," he muttered. "I think I'm gonna get going." With that he stepped into the Zeta tubes and left.

I felt an emptiness in the room. Those two were best friends, it must be hitting him really hard, I wondered. It must be hitting Rocket really hard. She just got him, only to lose him right away, to have him at her fingertips, and then gone forever...

I sighed and asked myself again; Did I make the right decision?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter, sorry! Comment on what I should change. I know I'm gonna make them go on another road trip because it kinda sucks that the road trip only lasted two days and my whole idea of having this book was to write about, well, A ROAD TRIP. So get ready for that, in a few chapters that's gonna be happening but you're gonna see, it's a different kind of road trip. They'll be in cars, and they'll stay in a hotel.

Vote, comment and follow! Also, feel free to check out my other book(s) on my account: Wish Upon A Star, which is also a Young Justice fan fiction, and Best Harry Potter Story Ever, which you can already guess what it's about. I swear, when you read that one you'll almost pee your pants of laughter! I wrote it with my sister a long time ago, and I just recently read it to her and my brother and we cried of laughter.

Anyway, you can check those out, they're not very long, since I've invested most of my time into this book, but if you guys want to, I'll continue the first one (Wish Upon A Star).

~Penny