Chapter 11: Bomb

Wally's POV

"You could've made things worse, but they're pretty bad as is!" I shouted at her, who stared at me, eyes holding two emotions: hurt and anger. "You got three of our members captured, including our team leader!" Fury blazed in my veins. I had only recently been allowed out of the medical bay, but the first thing I did was confront Artemis.

"I-I didn't mean to..."

"But you did!" I couldn't contain my anger. My nerves were acting up so much that they almost made me hit her, but I knew that wouldn't improve anything, so I kept my arms at my sides. "You jeopardized the whole mission, and left the three most powerful members of this team in the hands of the enemy!" I noticed her cheeks heated up, turning light pink and her eyes became watery. This only made me angrier. She clearly wasn't getting the point.

"I'm sorry-" I cut her off before she could finish.

"I don't think you really understand how big of a deal this is," I huffed, crossing my arms and tapping my foot aggressively.

"I do, Wally!" she exploded, her sudden turn of mood shocking me. "I know, I messed up, I made a mistake, I risked the safety of other teammates for my own desires!" Her whole face turned bright red in rage and tears slowly emerged from her eyes.

"I still don't understand why!" I bellowed, gritting my teeth in fury. I don't know why this had me so mad, but I needed to know the circumstances of it all.

She stomped her foot on the ground. "Fine. You wanna know why I did it? My father attacked Roy, right?" Artemis screamed. I nodded vigorously. She took a deep breath, her face cooling down a bit, but her anger still entirely present. She hesitated.

"Why?" I growled.

"Okay!" she yelled. "I love Roy, okay? I love him!" Tears flowed down her eyes at a more steady pace and she stomped off. I leaned back on the wall, running my fingers through my hair. I felt as if a huge bomb had been released on me. My stomach dropped icily as her words echoed in my brain.

I love Roy, okay? I love him! How could she love Roy? I mean, sure, but, why was I so devastated by that?

That's when I realized I had feelings towards Artemis. I didn't know how to express my love for her, so I showed it through anger. Well, this time around. Sure, I'd flirted with M'gann before, but I knew I couldn't have her, so I didn't care about impressions.

But Artemis... Oh, Artemis... Something inside me tried desperately to hide my feelings for her. I'd never really loved someone the way I loved Artemis, and I didn't wanna lose her. I didn't wanna mess it up.

But it seemed I had done exactly that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conner's POV

I woke up in a dark room, a square box with grey walls, around eight feet by eight feet. There were no windows, no doors, and I stared around wildly, confused and, to be honest, sorta scared. I remembered how I'd been captured along with Miss Martian and Aqualad.

"M'gann? Kaldur? Are you there?" No reply. I punch the nearest wall, trying to break through, however, I heard my hand crack as a pang of pain shot through all the way to my shoulder. I hissed, recoiling to shake my wrist. I looked at my hand, the knuckles turning red.

I shook my head slightly, and that's when I felt the sensation of metal rubbing up against my neck. I hadn't realized that someone had placed an inhibitor collar on me until now, because I'd been too preoccupied.

I slipped my fingers behind the tight collar, barely able to squeeze them in. I wrapped them around the metal collar, yanking as hard as I could, trying my best to get it off, but without my powers, I was incapable.

I suddenly thought of how afraid M'gann must've been feeling if she had the same kind of collar on. "M'gann!" I bellowed, banging the wall with my fists, no matter how much it hurt, I was willing to be tortured if it meant safety for her.

——————————————————————————

I know this chapter was really short, but I wanna move onto the next one, I've got another idea. I hope you enjoyed this little scene with Wally and Artemis bickering. As much as it pained me, I wanted to add a plot twist, even if I hate Roy as a character. Vote and comment!

Stay traught🤘