I'm Not Weird, I'm Unique (Chapter 3)

Hey, guys! Thanks for the votes and views. Sorry it took awhile, but I hope this chapter makes up for it! (:

***************************************************************

KAYLEE’S POV

I sat in the cafeteria at the table in the far right corner, away from everyone. I was picking and trying to eat whatever was the main dish in the cafeteria. I pushed the brown goop around on my tray. There was no telling what this was. It was brown and lumpy, and had little yellow specks in it…Yum. Something tore me away from my mysterious brown lunch, I turned around to find a boy about five foot eleven, maybe six foot, with dirty blonde hair that covered his right eye. He was wearing the school’s jacket with a bulldog on the right breast pocket. I’m guessing it was for the football team. His eyes sparkled a pretty blue color. Why was he here?

“Kaylee?” He spoke.

“Yeah. Who are you?” I asked.

“I’m Collin Abington. I just wanted to ask if you wanted me to sit with you,” He asked me as his eyes shined.

“Sure, go ahead,” I nodded like an idiot.

“Great,” He sat as he plopped down next to me, “How’s that taco?”

This,” I said pointing to the brown stuff on my tray, “Is a taco?” I pushed my tray away from me.

“Well, minus the shell. I guess you forgot to pick one up?”

“I wouldn’t have eaten it either way,” I told him.

“Anyways, I was wondering what you were doing tonight? I thought maybe I could show you around the city a little bit,” He offered as he took a bite of an apple that he took out of his bag.

“Well, I have plans tonight, with Nicholas,” I said nervously. Even though looking around the city a bit would be nice, I’ve only lived here for two weeks and I haven’t gotten to see much.

“Okay. How about tomorrow night?” He said.

“Tomorrow is Friday,” I said to myself, “Yeah, that should work. I’ll have to ask my dad, but I’m sure he’ll be okay with it.”

“Great. Here’s my number, just call me when you know if it’ll work out,” He said, scribbling his number on a scrap on my napkin.

“Great,” I told him before he got up and left.

***

I started to walk home when a red mustang pulled up next to me, “Hey, need a ride?” I realized it was Nicholas.

“You didn’t drive to school today!” I told him.

“I know, I ditched last period to go and get it. I wanted to give you a ride home,” He answered, smiling.

“Sure,” I said, getting in the car, the black leather was cold.

“How was your day?” He asked me, looking me in the eye.

“My day was fine. I got asked to hang out by some guy today,” I told him; I soon realized that was a mistake.

“Who was this guy?” He asked me, his voice getting low, and his cheeks turning red.

“Collin Abington?” I told him.

“Of course,” He said, looking back onto the road.

“What’s wrong with another guy asking me to hang out?” I questioned, but I could tell this only made things worse.

“Collin Abington is Skylar’s friend. He’s like her closest guy friend. She tells that kid everything, I like him, sure, but I think Skylar asked him to ask you to hang out.