I'm Not Weird, I'm Unique (Chapter 8)

Hey, guys! I don't really have anything to say...Except for I have my first high school football game to attend tonight! GO WILDCATS! (:

Okay, I'm done. Enjoy.

***************************************************************************************************************

NICHOLAS’S POV

“What do we need to talk about?” Kaylee asked me, I could tell she was worried.

I had no choice, I had to tell her Skylar is pregnant and I have to be with Skylar, “Kaylee, I really like you, but Skylar is pregnant…And I’m the baby’s father. I’m sorry, Kaylee, but I have to be with Skylar right now. She needs me,” I told her, I listened to her sigh.

“I understand,” She said, she didn’t seem hurt at all.

“Good. And once this is all sorted out, I’ll see if we can be together. Until then, I still want to be friends, you’re a great person, and I don’t want to lose you,” I said to her.

“Yeah, I agree. But listen, I’ve got to go. I’ll talk to you tomorrow, maybe?” She asked me; she seemed so okay with the whole thing.

“Of course. Talk to you soon,” Kaylee said as she disconnected the phone.

     Now was the hard part—I had to tell my parents. I walked down the stairs, thinking about how I could lay it on them lightly. When I got downstairs, I saw my dad watching a movie in his favorite chair while drinking a beer. I looked over at my mom who was trying to rock Cameron to sleep; he was laying in her arms with in his red pajamas with trains on them. She looks stressed because  Cam was fussing and whining. Katie was in the other room on the computer, minding her own business.

“Nick, honey, what do you need?” My mother looked up from Cameron to look at me.

“Well, I’ve got to talk to you guys about something,” I told her, walking over to the couch.

“What is it, son? This seems important,” My father asked me, putting down the newspaper and shifting his focus to me.

“It is important,” I told them. That’s when Cam started crying.

“Oh, shh, you’re alright,” My mother tried to calm him, he wasn’t cooperating, though.

“Well—“I was cut off by Cameron who decided to go into a full blown tantrum.

“I’m sorry, Nick, I’m going to have to cut you off,” My mom screamed over Cam, “The baby isn’t feeling well. Can we talk about this later?” She asked, getting up off of the couch to go calm Cameron.

     I got up off of the couch and started to head back to my room. That was the bad thing about having little siblings; they always seemed to need your parents’ right when you need to talk to them. I trudged up to my room and pulled off my shirt. Just then, I noticed a shadow that appeared in my doorway,

“What’s wrong, Nick?” Katie asked.

“It’s nothing, really,” I told her, but she didn’t seem the least bit convinced.

“I know there’s something wrong,” She said. She decided to make herself at home in my room. She came in, plopped down on my bed and started drinking out of the bottle of Gatorade that I had sitting out.

“I can’t tell you, Kate,” I told her, I also went to sit down on my bed.

“Nicholas, I know a lot of things that you’ve done that mom and dad don’t know. You can tell me,” She said, looking me dead in the eye.