Chapter 5

I spent the rest of the school day doing the usual- annoying the shit out of my teachers!

Once the bell rang, I sauntered out to my bike. I was about to sit down, before I saw a note. It had a phone number on it. I instantly thought it was some man-whore that wants to get into my pants.

However, the last time I guy tried to do that, I whacked him in the head with his lacrosse stick. Guys stopped asking me out for some reason after that.

I decided to text the number to see who it is. Hey, for all I know, it could be Johnny Depp! I am NOT about to pass up this opportunity...

B: Hello? Who is this?
_: Oh, good you got the note! It's me!
I face-palmed.
B: What's your name?!
_: Oh right. It's Daniel.
B: You know, for a nerd, you're not very smart...
D: :(
D: So, I was wondering if you could teach me tomorrow..?
B: Um, sure I guess.
D: Great! Be there at 8!
B: Ok
D: See ya then!
B: Ttyl

***

The ride home was pretty peaceful. Well, other than the My Chemical Romance blasting through my earbuds. Not exactly peaceful...

When I arrived home, I saw the usual beat-up Saturn that my brother likes to call his "precious."

I put my key into the door, but stumbled forward when it was opened for me.

"Where were you last night?" My brother asked with his arms crossed. I stared at him with confusion and he repeated his question. "Where were you last night?"

"Why do you care? I come home late all the time." I retorted.

"No, no, no. You didn't come home at all. You weren't here this morning. And don't even try to say that you left early, because you and I both know that's not true." He responded, shaking his head.

"Since when did Derek Clayton Windsor play 'big brother'? You never cared. Why start now?" I spat at him.

"I've been thinking," he paused and looked at the floor, "since Nan died, you haven't had any type of guardian figure. I've decided to step up to the plate."

"You're just some stoner who claims to have a 'band'. What do you know about taking care of anyone else other than yourself? And you can't even do that right!" I growled at him.

He gritted his teeth but tried to stay calm. "I know it may not always seem like it, but I care about you, Blair. I can't lose two sisters, okay? I just can't. Ever since we lost Chloe," I stiffened at the mention her name, "I've been a complete asshole to everyone. I can't let you go, too. It'd kill me."

We were silent for a few minutes before I said through my teeth, "I was at a friend's house." I passed him and walked towards the stairs.

"A friend?" He asked, surprised.

"Yes, a friend. Can you believe it Derek? I have a friend!" I shot at him sarcastically, only it was kind of true. I haven't had a 'friend' in years. Everyone's afraid of me...

"Well, who was it?" He interrogated me.

"Daniel." I replied bluntly.