Chapter 7

"BLAIR! HOLD ME I'M SCARED!" Daniel yelled over the chanting of the people around us.

"I knew it, I knew you wouldn't have been able to handle it." I mumbled under my breath.

"DO YOU EVEN SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING OVER THERE? HE JUST THREW HIM OVER THE TABLE LIKE IT'S NOTHING!" Daniel continued to panic.

"That was nothing. You should've seen what happened last time. This guy," I began.

"As much as I'd love to hear such a gruesome story, I'd rather get out of here!" He spoke a little softer but it was still considered screaming.

"But, the big fight hasn't even started yet..." I complained. I was really looking forward to seeing this. Nathan and I have been watching every fight before this and I hate to admit, sometimes we participate. But I'm not very good... Can I fight to save my life? Of course! Can I fight professional street fighters? Not so much...

"BLAIR! DID YOU SEE THAT? HE ALMOST KNOCKED HIM OUT WITH ONE PUNCH! HOW IS THIS DUDE STILL CONSCIOUS?! COME ON, LET'S GET CLOSER SO WE CAN SEE BETTER!" Nathan yelled over noise.

"We can't just leave him here!" I whisper-yelled while nonchalantly motioning towards Daniel.

Nathan just rolled his eyes and talked like he was talking to a child, "Danny, will you be a big boy for me and stay put? You'll be okay. The adults will be right back." With that he winked at him and dragged me to the inside of the giant crowd.

"Wait! Guys! I'm coming too!" I heard from behind me. Sigh.

"You had one job: to stay put." I told Daniel.

"No. I need to man up. I'm going to watch the fight too." He spoke with a newly-found confidence I had never heard from him.

"If you must..." I responded and continued to push past the crowd.

"KNOCK HIM OUT! KNOCK HIM OUT! KNOCK HIM OUT!" The crowd began to chant. This is about to get out of hand... I can tell.

"Blair did you see that? He just used the terminator combo on the Terminator himself! Who does he think he is?" Nathan exclaimed.

We watched as the champion who calls himself 'Terminator' pummeled the smaller guy to the ground. He needs help... NO! Bad Blair! Stop thinking like that.

Before I could stop myself, I ran out into the middle of the fight, which is basically only something an insane person would do. "Enough! You win! If you keep going you're going to kill him!" I yelled at him.

"There's no winner until someone's knocked out." He growled at me between his teeth. "Unless, you'd like to take his place, the little shit will be finishing what he started."

"Blair, don't!!" I heard Nathan call out.

I paused for a moment. "I'm in. You-" I pointed to the dude on the floor who was currently spitting blood beside him, "get out of here. Go to the hospital or something." I ordered and then spun around to look at the six foot tall and 300 pound man, made of full muscle. "Ready?"

"Blair, no!" Daniel yelled.

He just grinned and we heard the bell. He charged at me full-speed, so I simply stepped to the side and let him run straight into a wall. He staggered back and I used his confusion as my advantage. I used all of my force to shove him back into the wall. He hit his head again and I did this a couple more times.

He then caught me by surprise and threw a right hook which knocked me to the ground. That's why he's a champion, I guess. I jumped to my feet as soon as the dizziness had gone away. "Ready for this one, gorgeous?" He sneered and then threw another right hook which I just barely dodged.

Then, I did one of those spin-and-jump kicks that you see in the Kung-Fu movies. It was pretty epic, if I do say so myself. It hit I'm right under the rib cage, knocking the wind out of him. He fell to the ground and I jumped on top of him and did what I like to call a 'ground and pound.' Throwing punch after punch until he stopped trying to get up.

It was at this moment that I actually heard the crowd. I guess while I was fighting, I just blocked everyone out. My heart dropped when I heard the most dreaded sound- sirens.

"Shit shit shit." I stood up from the unconscious 'Terminator' and searched the crowd frantically for Daniel and Nathan.

I saw Daniel running at me and he looked like he was about to cry. "Blair! The cops are here!"

"You don't say!" I yelled back and asked, "Where's Nathan?"

"He took off." Daniel said and looked back at the crowd which was quickly dispersing in different directions.

"Alright, come on. I'm not going back to juvie."

"Back?! You've been there before?!" He screeched.

I just grinned and continued to run while pulling him behind me. "No time to talk. Just run."

***

"Do you even know where you're going?!"

"Of course! This isn't the first time I've run from the cops."

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that..." Daniel mumbled.

"Alright, I think we're far enough. We can take a break now." I panted and sat down with my back against a tree in a small park.

"Finally!" He wheezed.

Oh no, not now asthma, please. I began to pant harder.

"Hey, Blair are you okay?" Daniel questioned, concerned.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I waved him off.

"Are you having an asthma attack?!" He asked with a worried expression.

"N-" I wheezed again, "No. I'm fine- ugh no I'm not." I gave up and reached in my back pocket for my inhaler. I breathed in and slowly started to breathe clearly again.

"I didn't know you had asthma..." He spoke softly.

"Yeah, well that's the point. Only my brother knows." I snapped at him.

"Why do you care if people know?"

"It doesn't make me as intimidating as I usually am." I responded without looking up at him.

"You like to be intimidating?" He asked while sitting next to me and leaning his head against the tree.

"I mean, I guess. I don't know. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. I think it started in elementary school. That's just how I am."

"You didn't answer my question. Is that how you want to be?" He asked again.

"I don't know." I repeated.

"You don't have to. I like you the way you are."

I looked at him and he smiled.

"We should go back to the warehouse. I left my bike there." I said and quickly stood up.

"What about the cops?"

"They're probably long gone by now."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Nope." I responded and continued to walk down the sidewalk.