Chapter 9

"So, I tell you that we could do anything you want, and you take us here?" I glared at him. "Why is this place even open at 4am..." I muttered to myself.

"I know a guy." He answered and then asked, "What's your skate size?" He looked over the selection of ice skates and picked his pair.

"4." I muttered and quickly grabbed my skates from the kids section.

"Aww, your feet are so tiny." He cooed.

"Shut up or you won't have any." I snapped and sat down on a nearby bench.

"Well then..." Daniel mumbled and finished tying up his skates.

Once we finished strapping the deadly blades to our feet, I stumbled over to the entrance of the arena. I think I can do this. The last time I went ice skating was about seven years ago... But I should be fine...

The moment both of my feet were on the ice, I slipped and fell backwards and just before I hit the ground, Daniel caught me with his arms under my armpits like a trust fall.

"I think I finally found something you're not good at." He whispered in my ear.

I huffed and stood up, using the wall for balance. "Shut up, we're just getting started."

***

"Are we still getting started?" Daniel shot over his shoulder as he whizzed by me. I scoffed.

I was still clinging to the wall so I didn't slip for the twelfth time. Ok, so maybe I wasn't the best at ice skating... But that's only in comparison to Daniel. Apparently, he'd played ice hockey for five years. That's not even close to fair!

"Do you think you're warmed up yet?" Daniel sped by me once more. The nerve of this guy...

"Listen here, I'm about to use the blade on this skate to slice off your-" I threatened.

"Point taken! I'll shut up." He raised his hands in surrender.

"Did you just take me here to show off?" I asked with a blank expression.

He slowed his skating to my pace before he responded. "No, of course not..." I stared at him. He cleared his throat. "Okay maybe a little. But I also wanted to come because you showed me something you like to do- fight, so I thought I'd show you what I like to do." He finished and smiled.

"Fair enough..." I mumbled. Seconds after I said that, one of my favorite songs came on: 'Lost It All' by Black Veil Brides.

"This is a good song." He muttered.

"You listen to them?" I asked, surprised. He didn't seem like the 'Black Veil Brides' type.

"Sure, all the time." He nodded. "You too?"

"Yeah, they're like my favorite band." I agreed and smiled at him.

"So, do you want to-" He started.

"I don't dance. Especially not with blades strapped to my feet." I cut him off.

"Umm... Right... I was just going to ask if you wanted some hot chocolate?" He chuckled uncomfortably.

I glared at him. "Sure you were. And I could go for some hot chocolate." I smiled sweetly and looked towards the exit of the arena. It was all the way across the rink... Well isn't this just wonderful. I groaned and slowly began skating around the rink, holding onto the wall.