Chapter 5

My eyes fluttered open to see that the room was pitch black except for the TV that was casting an eerie blue shadow on the walls.

My head was rested on something so I turned my head slightly to find that I was resting it on Chris's shoulder, who was sleeping with chip crumble scattered on his t-shirt.

I slowly and carefully lifted my head and started wiping up and cleaning the coffee table. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 3 in the morning. I sighed as I grabbed a plate from the table and was about to return it to the kitchen when it slipped from my sweaty hands and smashed all across the floor, sending the celery sticks to fly everywhere.

I groaned as I bent down to pick it up.

"Don't worry go sit down, I'll pick it up," I heard Chris' familiar voice ring out from behind me. I must've woken him up with my clumsiness. The next second he was picking it up in front of me.

"No no honestly it's fine," I babbled quickly, "You're my guest, I can't just sit there and let you tidy it up."

He shushed me good heartedly and continued to pick everything up. From the corner of my eye, I kept noticing that he kept glancing at me every so often with that goddamn smirk. I didn't know how to act normal when he's doing that.

We managed to clean every bit of the broken plate up without hurting ourselves. We were about to go back to sitting on the couch when he glanced at the clock.

"Oh crap, Adriana I've got to go," he announced in frustration as he grabbed his things, "But I don't really want to."

He smirked at me again and I couldn't help but blush this time since I knew that he enjoyed today just as much as I did.

I led him to the door, "Thanks for today. I had an amazing time and to Rafael for making me run around so much."

"It's ok," I squeaked. I mentally slapped myself. I coughed and tried to make my voice clearer and more confident but he suddenly leaned in and kissed me.

It was a soft passionate kiss with a lot of meaning. I haven't had such an amazing kiss in a long time. I didn't want to let go but I knew we had to since he had to leave.

"I'll see you around hot stuff," he winked before rushing off down my wide marble steps and into his car.

••••••••

After that kiss and that night together, it was obvious that we had chemistry so we decided to go on a few real dates.

The first date he took me to a fancy disco, owned by his close friend and it's where all the celebrities hang out. He took me there because he said that we can get in for free thanks to his friend and plus no paparazzi would chase us since it's a private club. I had an amazing time and of course it led to kissing in the end, although I was disappointed that he was a great dancer because then I can't make fun of him.

The next few dates were just as amazing- we went to an amusement park on the second date, third date we went bike riding in this huge park that was a smaller version of paradise, on the fourth date we planned a full day of Tennis, Golf and Billiard in the mini sports centre in his house and on the fifth date Chris, Rafael and I went to a waterpark and Chris was treating Rafael as if he was a son of his and that made me very happy.

But on the sixth date that's when we confirmed that we were an official couple to ourselves and to the media. Of course, they went ballistic and we were all over the magazine front covers. The media was already tracking our every move and they knew that we were dating but they didn't know that we were an actual couple until we confirmed it.

And in that period of time, I abstained from having sex with him and he respected that although he didn't know the reason why, which was that I learned from past mistakes and I don't want Chris and I's relationship to be like a one night stand where its only purpose is to have sex- it will ruin a relationship and plus I don't want to accidentally be knocked up again.

Most of the fans on social media seemed to be for our relationship, although there are a few that shipped Chris with his co-star who played Agent Carter, which admittedly annoyed me but I found it kind of funny.

Of course, during that period we did more Gucci Guilty photoshoots, press conferences, interviews etc, but we kept it strictly business, although our chemistry did help a lot with making me more at ease and it made the pictures come out amazing.

That made the media even more crazy and I was asked to do so many interviews and photoshoots that I barely had time to see him at all.

One day, a letter came home and it was a very fancy letter indeed. The envelope was gold and it had an official seal which I couldn't properly make out. I ripped it open gently and slid out the letter.

It took me a while to read it and comprehend what it actually was...

An invitation to present an award at the Fifa Balon D'or Ceremony...