Chapter Four

CHAPTER 4

Kimberly’s POV

I woke up bright and early the next day. Well that is if you count 11 am ‘early’ and in a dark room so it really wasn’t that bright… I couldn’t wait to see Zayn again! It had been way too long since we have seen each other. Well I mean personally meet each other, I’ve seen him in many magazines and interviews and all of that. Don’t get me wrong, I love him and the band and all but somehow seeing him in a bunch of magazines and YouTube videos just wasn’t going to cut it.

A wide smile appeared on my face as I remembered that I was going to be able to see Zayn’s beautiful smile and cheeky gestures again. I sighed deeply and then remembered that I had to get ready as I promised Zayn I would meet him in the Outlet Mall at 2:00 p.m.  I rushed toward my closet, little to my surprise I had absolutely no idea what to wear. A dress? Nah, too fancy-ish and personally I wasn’t really the girly girl type. A plain shirt and shorts? Nah, that would be a little too plain. I don’t get it… why do I have such a hard time choosing what to wear? It was Zayn! I mean I’ve known this guy for YEARS. He has seen me in so many sweatpants and oversized sweatshirts, not to mention those hideous School Uniforms with the high socks we are forced to wear, to care what he thinks of me. But somehow this felt different, I wanted to look decent enough for him. That’s it, I’m losing my mind…

After several minutes and many clothes laid out through out my room, I decided to choose a sleeveless white shirt with black polka dots and ruffled in the top, some black skinny jeans, brown belt, a black blazer on top. It wasn’t very girly and not to boyish either. As I was looking in the mirror I noticed that something didn’t quite look right. Something was missing… The Necklace! Of course! How could I forget it! I rushed toward my drawer and reached in to grab hold of a necklace that Zayn had given me when we were little. It was circular shaped and had the word “forever” on it. He had told me that it meant that we would be friends forever. No matter what. And somehow I believed him. I got a tear in my eyes as I finished putting the necklace on. “Memories..” I said to myself.

Once I had finished getting ready it was 12:30. I didn’t know what to do afterward. I didn’t want to leave already because it was way too early, so I stood in the middle of the room for about five minutes thinking of what to do. It was very quiet in my house. I really needed company. At least a dog or something that makes noise… Suddenly the loud whale-like sound coming from my stomach broke the silence. “Right, food. I have to eat! Duh!” How the hell did I forget I had to eat? I just shrugged at myself and started walking toward the kitchen.

Zayn’s POV

I stood in the shower for minutes. I let the water flow down my hair as I was looking at the floor. I only do this on rare occasions, its always get in, wash, get out. But not today, I only do this when im nervous. But why was I nervous? I mean it’s Kimberly. The one I used to make mud pies with in our backyard. The one I could tell everything to and the one I used to tease for being short. She was sure something. I remember loving to talk to her because I would tell her about my problems and how my days were, and my thoughts. The best part was that she would listen, and she wouldn’t judge me. No matter what absurd Idea I had flowing in my mind. She would support me and make me feel better.

I heard my phone ringing from the side of the sink where I had left it. I quickly shut off the water and got out. I picked up my phone and saw that Kimberly was calling me. It was already 12:50 and I wasn’t even changed yet. Shit. I pushed the ‘answer’ button on my phone and took a deep breath.

“H-Hello?” I said uncertain.

“Hey Zayn! What’s up? We’re still going aren’t we?”

“yeah, yeah of course, I’m getting ready now.”