Undergrowth

Undergrowth:

Admon Woods smiled to himself as he gently poured the water over the flower,

"Drink up, darling. You need all the water you can get."

After watering the flower, he looked at his wondrous greenhouse. It held every plant that he could manage to get his hands on- everything from a single sunflower to something like the Venus flytrap to even a few Encyclia Citrina. The greenhouse itself looked like it came right from a jungle with the way the vines hung from the ceiling, concealing a lot of things like some precious secret. The plants weren't organized- they looked as if they were just growing wildly and that was the beauty of it all.

The plants were a part of his job- he was an environmentalist. Though, his love for the plants in his greenhouse went beyond his job.

He loved taking care of plants- it was simple as that. He loved that all plants needed the same things- nutrients, soil, water, sunlight,- yet they were all so different. It amazed him by all the colors, shapes, and designs that were found in nature. So, his passion for plants was what led him to his current job. He wished to protect his 'children' as they could not protect themselves.

"This will be perfect," Admon whispered to himself, "Absolutely perfect."

He held the delicate flower in his palm carefully. His hands were adorned in elbow-length sterilized gloves. In one hand, the flower lay delicately and calmly, and in his other hand, he held a small vial that could make him famous forever. More than that, it would be a giant leap in scientific discoveries.

The vial that could change his life forever was dark green and small pieces of leaves floated around in the chemical mixture. His 'recipe' could make plants live forever- never again would they have to destroy the Earth. Plants would be eternal and immortal. His precious children would be safe from the evil humans that wished them harm.

"Just one drop," he whispered, careful to not get the serum on himself.

If that serum would to touch his skin, not even he was sure what could happen. The serum was made specifically for plants- not humans. If it touched him- he could get some disease, his skin could burn off, the possibilities were endless. Though more than likely it would kill him.

He tilted the vial ever so carefully.

BOOM! Thud-thud-thud...

The train that wasn't too far from his precious greenhouse made a loud sound and startled him. He cursed as he lost his grip on the vial and it got tossed into the air. He screamed as just a single drop of the serum touched his face- his exposed flesh.

"AHHH!"

He clutched his face desperately. The serum burned his flesh as it absorbed into his pores. Hunched over, he gasped for air. A dark green spot was on his face with lighter green around it, turning his skin a green color. The veins in his face become visible as the serum flowed through them, turning them light green.

Finally, he fell to ground- the serum finally reached his heart.