Chapter 12: James

*Gilda's P.O.V. , the day dash was released from the hospital* i ran after speaking with dash and i followed the doctors till i found the ones with James.

"doc, i gotta know, is James going to make it?" i asked while trying to refrain from having an anxiety attack right there in the hospital.

"we are still unsure, but rest assured ma'am, we will try our hardest to make sure he does" he said as they ran faster to the o.r. and they shut the doors and i heard a click, meaning they locked it to keep others out while they fixed him.

i tried to peer in but i just couldn't see past the doctors and nurses surrounding James with needles and cloths and other items.

i let out a soft sigh and looked around for a chair to rest and try to clear my mind, once i found one however, all i could feel was worry for James.

since i was worried for James, i don't remember how long i sat there in silence, 2 hours, maybe 4, but the time didn't matter when the doctor came out wearing his surgical mask, he was messy and covered in char and soot, probably from James.

"ma'am, the boy will make a full recovery" he said as i let out a sigh of relief as the doctor spoke up again "however, he is currently in no condition to walk or move, so he will be staying here in the hospital for a few days at most."

i looked up at him and spoke softly, my voice sounding raspy like dash's "thank you doctor, may i see him?"

" of course" he opened and held the door open and i walked past him and made my way to James's bed side.

his skin was clean,but still warm, his hair was tattered and lightly singed, but it was clear of soot and char.

in this state he looked peaceful, like he had not a single bother in the world, his chest slowly raising and lowering with each soft breath he took.

i rested my hand upon his arm as a mother would to comfort their child when they seemed distraught, and i smiled a full genuine smile "at least you're going to be ok James."

i sat there a moment till i heard the doors behind me open, so i turned my head and the doctor i spoke with before had come back in "ma'am, I'm afraid i have some bad news for you."

i turned my self so i was facing him directly this time "yes, what has happened?" although I'm overjoyed to know James will be ok, I'm struck with worry as to what the doctor might say.

as he spoke, he spoke softly, yet apologetically "I'm afraid that Jane, the caretaker of the orphanage, did not survive her wounds, she passed a few moments ago" i felt a sudden skip of a beat in my heart, but the doctor spoke once more "as for the other orphans of the orphanage, I'm afraid to say that James is the only survivor, the others did not survive."

it hit me like a ton of bricks, and i could feel my heart stop as a tear streamed down my cheek "every single one is dead?"

"I'm afraid so ma'am, but James here will need a home since the orphanage burnt down, perhaps you could help him find one" he said as he rested a hand on my shoulder then walked out.

i looked back at James and felt the same pain that i had felt when i was pulled from my insanity by regret, so i hugged James softly and started crying into his shoulder.

i felt a light pressure upon my hair and a slow stroking motion through my hair and i lift my head slightly "don't cry mommy, smile" James said.

i held him close with a big smile "of course sweetheart, mommy will smile all the time..."

____________________________________________________________________________________

*Blows nose, sniffling* it's so sad yet beautiful!!!

what do you guys think?, like it?, I'm on a roll

I'm gonna keep working and try to get more writing done, till then, listen to some happy sad music, like lay me down by Sam smith ft. john legend, or something like that

Muffins & Hugs

~H00DAMAN