6. A 'Forced' Date

I stared at my reflection.

(H/c), (h/l) hair. (E/c) eyes. (F/c) dress that came down to my knees with matching wedges.

Erza and Lucy's doing.

I glared at them.

"Why? Why are you making me go on a date?"

"Because it's already spring, and you haven't spoken to him in a while. Everyone in Fairy Tail wishes you guys would at least go on a mission." Erza explained warmly.

I let out an annoyed sigh, glancing back at my reflection.

"Whatever. Where am I going?"

"To the tree where you and I met!" Lucy piped in, sounding excited.

"Really? Ok."

They pushed me out of my house and onto the quiet street. The stars above me sparkled.

I walked the memorized path to the cherry blossom tree, making a stop right before I ran into a figure.

"(Y/n)," Natsu stared at me for a few seconds before shaking his head, "Come on, I wanna show you something."

With some reluctance, I followed the pink haired boy.

Once we arrived at the location he was taking me to, my eyes widened.

"Is that-"

"A rainbow Sakura."

Every petal on the tree was colorful and glowing. You could see any color you wanted. One of the blue petals flew down to me and into my cupped hands.

"It's amazing..." I whispered, awe overtaking my fear.

"You know today is the festival for these trees." Natsu pointed to the other people around the tree.

The other couples.

I think I'm having mixed feelings.

I looked over at him, his eyes on the beautiful tree.

Now that I actually look at him, I can see that his hair was the color if the cherry blossoms before they were colored and glowing.

After a moment, he turned his head to look at me, our gazes connecting. I normally would've looked away, but I didn't.

I couldn't.

I realized that he was inching toward me slowly. I wanted to move away, but I remembered what Lucy told me.

~Flashback~

"(Y/n)?" I turned my head to see Lucy next to me while the other guild members fought, "Can I talk to you?"

I smiled, scooting over.

She sat down, sitting on the edge of the bench. That sent a spike of concern through me.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?"

When she looked into my eyes, I could've sworn I saw a hint of hostility in them. It made me flinch.

"Look, you may not like him, but Natsu cares about you. He cares about all of Fairy Tail. You shouldn't be afraid of him."

I looked at the cloth on the table.

"When you run away, avoid him, or even ignore him, he's hurt. I can tell. He told me."

My eyes widened. I didn't want to hurt anyone.

"It's just-"

"No. No excuses. At least try to stop being afraid of him. Please."

I kept staring at the cloth as she walked away

~End of flashback~

Natsu was now in front of me, closer than I'd normally allow anyone.

I glimpsed into his eyes of a thousand storms before averting my gaze to my feet.

He slowly reached for my wrist, wrapping his fingers gently around it before sliding it down to my hand.

He intertwined his with mine, making a slight blush creep onto my face.

Am I...

He pressed his forehead to mine, getting closer with every passing second.

In love...

With his free hand, he cupped my cheek, bringing me closer.

With...

Right as our lips were about to connect, the tree went up in flames.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me: talk about cliffhangers!
Morpher: NUUUUU KITA-CHAN YOU WON'T TEXT ME!
Me: oh, my phone's off.
Morpher: oh...
Me: yeah, my dad didn't pay the bill...
Morpher: thanks for the heads up!
Me: yup.
Rin: I can't text you anymore?
Me: nupe.
Rin: T-T
Ed: crybaby.
Rin: PIPSQUEAK!
Ed: WHAT?!
Me: oh dear lord. Sorry for the late updates. I moved to the country and have to use my school's WiFi when I'm there in Study Hall.
Morpher: LUCKY!
Me: hehehehehehehe...