Chpt. 3

(Asher's living room in pic ↑)

-Asher's p.o.v.--8:45am-

I slowly opened my eyes and got out of bed. I walked down the hall towards the bathroom passing the guest bedroom. I stopped and peered in it to see a sleeping Paige.

She looked so peaceful and beautiful.

I shook my head and went to the bathroom. I washed my hands after I did my business and walked downstairs. I went into my kitchen and groaned.

"Damn, I left it out" I mumbled grabbing the orange juice that was still open and sitting on the counter. I poured the rest of it down the sink and threw the carton out.

I walked out of the kitchen and sat down turning on the TV. As soon as I got comfortable there was a knock on my door. I sighed getting up and going to answer it.

"Oh, hi Mr and Mrs Green. What can I do for you?" I asked.

"Uh, Paige wasn't in her room this morning, do you know where she might be?" Mrs Green asked.

"Yea, she's here" I said and they look startled.

"Here?" They asked and I nodded.

"She's upstairs sleeping. I found her wondering around in the rain at 4 in the morning" I explained.

"Oh, well thank you Asher for taking care of her" Mr Green said and I nodded.

'You can't fight it forever' my wolf said and I ignored him.

"Here, let me show you to the room" I said and walked upstairs. I pointed them to the guest bedroom and they went inside. I heard Paige groan as she was woken up.

"Mom? Dad?" She asked sleepily.

"Come on, let's get you home" her mother said and they walked out of the room.

"Thank you" they said and I nodded. I kept my eyes locked on Paige as they went downstairs. I then went back down and started watching TV again.

I grabbed my phone turning it on to see a ton of texts from my brother, sister and sister in law. My phone started ringing and Tia's name showed up. I sighed and went for the reject button but I answered it instead.

"Yes?" I asked leaning my head back on the couch.

"Asher, why haven't you been answering anyone?" She asked worried.

"Busy" I simply said and she scuffed.

"I know you Asher, what's going on?" She asked.

"Nothing" I said and sighed.

"Asher-"

"I'm fine Tia. Look, I have to go" I said and hung up.

I groaned and a thought occurred to me. She might come by. Damnit.

I stood up going upstairs to the bathroom and taking a quick shower. I then went to my bedroom not bothering with a towel since I live alone as I picked out some basketball shorts. I walked downstairs to see Tia sitting on the couch. I groaned and she stifled a laugh.

"Well, don't you look happy to see me" she said and I just looked at her. She smiled and stood up.

"Look, I'm busy, I have stuff to do" I said and walking towards the front door.

"I talked to Mr and Mrs Green this morning. They were looking for Paige" she said. I slightly raised my hands and barely tilted my head saying "ok? And?". It probably seemed rude but I don't want to talk.

"It was before and after they found her. All I'm saying is that it was sweet of you to help her out" she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously it was nothing. She was walking around in the rain so I told her she could just sleep here. I'm not going to be "sweet" anymore" I said.

"Asher, you've always been a sweet loving guy-"

"People change" I said my voice hardening.

"Sometimes they change in this way because something bad happened or they're keeping a lot of stuff they want to talk about to themselves" she said standing up. I just looked at her my hands getting sweating and feeling a lump in my throat. I stuck my hands in my pocket and put on a straight emotionless stare and shrugged my shoulders.

"That doesn't apply to me, I'm an open book" I said and she sighed.

"I'm still here if you need to talk Asher" she said and hugged me. I just stood there til she let go and left. I let out a sigh of relief that she finally left.

No one knows but me and I plan to keep it that way.