Chpt. 5

-Paige's p.o.v.-

I slowly opened my eyes and yawned. I sat up and got out of bed but fell back to my bed dizzy. I groaned putting my hand on my forehead.

I shook my head and stood up going to my closet. I searched for something when I spotted an old lamp. I grabbed it and went to my bed.

"A black light?" I whispered. 'I wonder if it works' I thought and plugged it in. I turned it on and shut off my lights closing the blinds. I gasped as I looked at my skin.

"What the" I mumbled staring at my skin as it glowed with a pattern like scales. I turned the black light off freaked out, my skin looked normal now.

I got dressed and went outside. I kept my head down speed walking.

I need to see a doctor.

"Woah" I heard someone say but I ignored them. I don't have time.

"Watch it" Asher said rudely. I don't have time for his mood swings.

"Then move" I said equally as rude as I look up at him glaring.

"Someone's angry" he said unamused while crossing Hus arms over his chest. I rolled my eyes and turned around seeing spots. I stumbled slightly and grabbed whatever was nearest to me. A lamp post.

"You okay?" Asher asked.

"Why do you care?" I asked bitterly.

"Paige" he said and I turned around to look at him.

"I'm not okay" I said scared.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Somethings wrong with me" I whispered.

"What do you mean?" He asked alerted now.

"I-" I started to say but quickly touched my nose because it felt like it was bleeding. I pulled my hand back to see some kind of silvery stuff. My eyes widened in horror as I looked up at Asher.

"Help me, please" I said scared out of my mind. He furrowed his eyebrows shocked.

"Is that silver?" He asked.

"No, I don't know, it isn't burning me so I guess not" I said and he grabbed my arm.

"Come on you need a doctor" he said and rushed me to the hospital for the pack.

"Is Dr Johnson in?" Asher asked and a nurse nodded paging the doctor.

I was soon in a room with Dr Johnson checking me out.

"Has this happened before?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Yesterday I bleed black but today its, well, I don't know what it is actually" I said.

"Has anything else happened?" She asked.

"Well, yes" I said remembering the whole thing with the black light.

"I've had really bad shoulder pain but nothing seems wrong with it and-" I cut myself off.

"Do you have a black light?" I asked and she nodded.

"Plug it in and turn off the lights" I said and she did.

"What the hell" she mumbled seeing me glow under the black light with the scaly rash thing.

"What's wrong with her?" Asher asked.

"I'm not sure but I'll run a lot of test" she said and turned the lights back on.

"Let me just take a blood sample" she said putting a needle in my arms and the silvery stuff came out with some black and red.

"I'll send this to the lab right away" she said and left.

I looked to the ground and slowly pulled my knees to my chest. A single tear slipped down my cheek.

This can only end badly.