Chpt. 7

-Asher's p.o.v.-

Dr Johnson instantly hooked her up to machines and bags to rid her body of the mercury. She started to seize on the bed and the mercury came out of her mouth mixed with something black.

"What's going on?" I asked feeling my nerves on edge. I felt like someone withdrawing from crack or something.

"I don't know, I've never seen this before" she said, anxiously. I ran my hands threw my hair anxiously as I paced. Everyone trying to save Paige.

"Asher tell us what's going on. One minute you hate her and everyone and then the next-"

"Once again it doesn't matter" I snapped at him.

"I don't...I don't wanna die" she whispered a tear of mercury slipping out of her eye. I bite my bottom lip stating at her trying not to show how much this hurt me.

"You'll be okay" I said repeatedly as I continued to smoothe her hair.

"Oh my god Matthew" I heard Tia say.

"What?" Matthew asked.

"They're mates, do you see how he's looking at her?" Tia said. I ignored them and brought her hand up to my lips. I gave her knuckles a long kiss before pulling her hand away.

"I'm sorry about my behavior" I said.

"Its okay" she whispered.

"No its not, you need to know. Theres something coming, something bigger than any of us" she took a feel breath.

"I remember what happened to me. I didn't run away, I was taken. But you have to be ready because they're coming for all of you" she whispered more silvery tears falling from her eyes.

"What's coming?" I asked.

"History is bound to repeat itself" she whispered. I gave her a confused look than looked at Tia and Matthew concerned.

'What does she mean?' I asked Matthew.

'I don't know but I'm going to find out' he replied then turned and walked off.

-Tia's p.o.v.-

I followed Matthew back to pack house. We went into his office and searched all the books. Nothing.

"What could she mean? What history?" I asked.

"I don't know. Where's your dad?" He asked.

"Um, I think in his room" I said. We shared a look then bolted to the floor his room is on. We knocked on the door then entered.

"Dad, we need to talk" I said.

"What's going on?" He asked turning around from his desk to look at us.

"That girl Paige we found at the south boarder. She's been poisoned" I said pacing.

"Poisoned? By what?" He asked.

"Mercury" Matthew said. I watched my dad's face, a look of worry came and went quickly.

"She's in the hospital, they are trying to treat her. She woke up and said something is coming, something"

"Did she say anything else?" He asked.

"Um, yea that history is bound to repeat itself" I added.

"This isn't good" he muttered.

"Do you know something?" Matthew asked sternly. He avoided our gazes.

"Dad, if you know something you have to tell us" I ordered and he sighed.

"Something like this did happen before. When my great grandfather was beta" he said. Matthew and I shared a look.

"Why isn't it in the records?" Matthew asked. My dad stood up going to his personal library.

"That's because the alpha at the time tried to erase it. Burned all the records, he didn't want anyone to know about it. He thought it would never happen again"

"But obviously it is. How will we know what to do if there's no records?" I asked panicky.

"Well, my great grandfather didn't agree with the alpha so he stole the remaining records and hid them" he said opening a book.

"Hid them where?" Matthew asked. My dad glanced at us.

"I don't know. That information died with my great grandfather, he didn't want to risk it being found and burned. But he did leave clues, they were passed down to my grandfather, then to my dad, then to me. My great grandfather said to never reveal this secret unless absolutely necessary. Which I think it is" he said turning the open book towards us. There in the book was a missing page but a riddle left in its place.

"A riddle?!" I exclaimed. I'm horrible at riddles!

"Something you must find
A diadem placed on she, there you will find what you need" Mathew read out.

"What does that even mean?" I asked.

"What the hell even is a diadem?" I added.

"I don't know, but we need to figure it out. Can we take this?" Matthew said. My dad nodded and handed us the book. We left and headed back to the office. Matthew got on his computer and started searching for what a diadem is.

"Its a tiara?" I asked.

"Apparently, but now we just have to find it but where would it be?" He thought.

"A diadem placed on she, there you will find what you need. Placed on she" he muttered rereading the riddle.

"I'm gonna go inform asher, maybe he can help" I said and left.