Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

The sound of her phone ringing brought Ivy out of a deep sleep, she groaned, rolling over she grabbed her phone from her night stand “Hello” She said with a sleepy voice.

“Hello Ivy this is Jude from You read them Book store.”

“Hi Jude” She said sitting up. Jude was the same age as her, they had gone to school together. They weren’t close but often had talks about the books they were reading. You could always find Jude in the school Library. He had seemed to have chosen books over friends. “What can I do for you Jude?” She asked.

“I was just ringing to let you know that the books you had ordered have arrived.”

“Already? Wow that was fast, thanks Jude I will be in soon to pick them up”

“Ok see you then” He said before hanging up.

She placed her phone back down on her bedside table and glanced at her clock it was only nine in the morning. Groaning again she forced herself out of bed and walked into her bathroom to have a shower.

As soon as she had showered and dressed she made her way downstairs to the kitchen where he brother and his friend were, sitting at the table.

“Hey Will” She said

“Hey Ivy” He replied “What are you doing up so early?”

“I have to go into town, the books I ordered are in”

“Cool Shane and I are heading to the waterfall for a swim if you are interested”

“Thanks but Hailey wanted me to go over and help her plan for her birthday”

“It’s this Friday right?” Shane asked “I heard she is inviting the whole town”

Ivy let out a small chuckle “It wouldn’t surprise me if she did, I think she is hoping to find her mate”

“Cool” He said nodding his head.

She walked over to the counter and grabbed a Banana out of the fruit bowl “Can you tell mum that I have gone into town?” She asked.

“Yeah sure”

“Thanks” She said giving them both a small smile “See you guys later” She said before walking out of the room and heading in the direction of the front door.

She walked out the front door and started making her way too her Jeep, she paused when she heard voices coming from around the side of the pack house. Deciding to check it out she started walking over to where the voices were coming from, the closer she got the clearer the voices where.

“I told you we were over, what we had was just a bit of fun you need to stop with this nonsense. You and I are over.”

“Why because you met her? She is a stupid human who won’t want you, can’t you see we could be happy together? Please don’t do this Wade”

“Carly” He said with a sigh “If I had known this is how you would act when we first started seeing each other I would never have given you the time of day. You assured me that this was only for fun, now you are saying you want to be my mate. I think it’s time you look into finding another pack. I don’t think you can stay with mine anymore.”

“You don’t mean that?”

“Yes I do”

Not wanting to hear anymore she quietly turned around and walked as quickly but quietly as she could to her Jeep, she jumped inside and started it up without putting her seat belt on. Her heart was racing abnormally fast by what she had just heard, she needed to get out of there. She couldn’t take facing him today, she had already decided that she was going to avoid him as best as she could while he was here. Putting the car into gear she speeds down the driveway as fast as she could.