Chapter Twenty Eight

Ivy opens her eyes and gasp at the sharp pain she feels in her back.

“Are you alright?” She hears Wade’s voice ask,

She looks over at him and the concern on his face  “I’m fine” She frowns trying to recall what had happened to her back. All to soon the memories come flooding back “Brody?” she asks tears already falling from her eyes

“He is fine, he is asleep but safe, he is down at the medical room” He explains.

She sighs in relief “I thought.. I thought they had killed him.”

“They didn’t, you saved him”

She frowned at his statement but didn’t say anything, the memories kept coming and Larsen’s face flashed into her mind “Larsen?” She asked

“Dead” He told her

Her anger started to rise as her worries slowly disappeared “I hate it here, I hate being around wolves, all they know how to do is hurt and kill, why can’t I live like a normal human? Why did my mother have to mate with a wolf. She didn’t even think about how all this would affect me. I hate it here!” She said raising her voice “I hate it and I hate shifters!”

Wade took a step back from her, like she had just slapped him but she didn’t pay any attention to him she kept screaming, letting all her anger and fear out. She knew she was now crying and she wasn’t sure if the tears were from anger or pain. “If I weren’t here Brody would never had been hurt, Larsen wouldn’t have had a reason to attack. I am just causing problems for the pack by being here”

“No leave her be” She heard Wade say “She needs to let it out”

She looked over to him and noticed Carter standing beside him, he gives her a small smile “Are you feeling better?” He asked her.

“Not really” She admits, “Why are you here Carter? Kane won’t be happy if he finds you here”

“Kane knows that I am here Ivy, he is fine with it”

“He is?” She asked surprised

“He is” He assures her “I just wanted to make sure you were alright, I heard you screaming and wanted to check on you”

“Sorry” She muttered, “I just don’t want to be here anymore”

“Well” Carter said glancing at Wade before looking back at her “You could always come live with me, I would be happy to have you and if you were interested I could teach you how to use your powers”

She opened her mouth to reply but was cut off by her mother “She will not be leaving here with you, she belongs here and this is where she will stay.” She said marching into the room. “How dare you come here and try to take my daughter away from me,” She growled

“Mum, don’t” Ivy said ‘She didn’t have the strength to pick herself up from the bed, she looked at Wade, “Please stop her, she will hurt him”

She sighed in relief when Wade stepped between her parents “Now is not the time to be talking about this” He said with a growl, “She is still recovering and doesn’t need any more stress”

“This was your plan all along, wasn’t it” Her mother said ignoring Wade “To come here and take her away from me, well I won’t allow it, She belongs here and she will be staying here”

“She doesn’t belong here, can’t you see that!” He screamed “She hates it here, she was attacked here and if it wasn’t for the fact that she is a witch she would be dead right now. She needs to leave this place it’s too dangerous for her, if you stopped being so dam selfish and thinking about yourself you would see that too!” He screamed at her.

“How dare you, me being selfish. Who wanted her to be destroyed before she was even born, who made our lives hell because I chose to keep her. You don’t have any right walking in here and telling me or Ivy what we should do. No right at all!”

“I didn’t have a choice, you know that!” He screamed back at her “If I hadn’t have done things the way I did my mother would have had both of you destroyed. I did what I had to do to keep both of you safe”

Her mother barked out a laugh “No you did what was easiest for you, now that she is grown and can take care of herself you want her”

“That’s not true and you know it”

“You may have conceived her Carter but you are not her father”

“GET OUT!” Ivy screamed having had enough of their fighting.

“Ivy” her mother said shocked.

“Get out, get out, get out!” She screamed over again.

“I think we should do as she ask” Wade said

Her mother turned and glared at Carter “This is all your fault” She growled.

He shook his head at her and sighed “I don’t care what you think, I am here for my daughter, I will always be here for her.” He took one last look at Ivy before walking out of the room.

Her mother walked over to her “He is gone now Ivy” She said placing a hand on her arm

Ivy yanked her arm out of her hand “I didn’t just want him to leave, I wanted all of you out”

“Now Ivy I am your mother and won’t take being spoken to like that”

Wade placed a hand on her arm “I think we should just let her rest, she has been through a lot and is probably still in shock”

She nodded her head “You could be right Wade, I will be just down the hall Ivy if you need me”

************

Wade watched as Ivy Ignored her mother and rolled onto her side, he could hear her sobs as she started to cry, he walked her mother out of the room.

“I will stand guard while she rest” He told her

She gave him a small smile “You are a good mate Wade, she is lucky to have you in her life”

He just nodded his head at her and watched as she walked away.

“I know she is just worried about her daughter, but she is acting like a bitch” Carter said walking out of the room from across the hall.

Wade shrugged his shoulders but didn’t say anything “I only want what’s bet for my daughter, she needs to learn how to use her powers, she doesn’t want to be here so I thought that offering to live with me would be the right thing to do”

“Would she be safe?” Wade asked.

“She would be a part of my coven, we protect our own”

“If that is the case then why did her mother have to leave with Ivy when she was little?”

Carter sighed “That was my parents fault, they didn’t like the fact that Ivy’s mother was human, they wanted me to breed with a strong witch.” He laughed “Little did they know that Ivy would be one of the strongest witches even though her mother is human”

“Where would you take her?” He asked

“My house is a few hours away from here, it was Ivy’s mothers home town.”

Wade nodded his head “I guess the choice is Ivy’s to make, maybe it’s best to speak with her about it when her mother isn’t around”

Carter nodded his head “You could be right”

**************

Ivy laid in her bed, she could hear her father and Wade talking outside the hall but she couldn’t hear what they were saying. She was too tired to care about what they were saying, crying had worn her out. She decided it would be best to get some more sleep, she had to think about what she planned to do next, she knew she wasn’t going to stay here any longer then she had too, she would need all her strength to be able to deal with her mother. Closing her eyes she let out a sigh before drifting off to sleep.