Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Wade watched as Ivy walked away from him and made her way inside the Pride house. He had spent the entire drive to the party trying to think of a way to break the news that she was his mate to her. But every time he thought of a good way to do it he would look over at her and know that it wasn’t enough. If he didn’t do it right he would lose her forever.

Deciding not to think about it anymore he made his way over to a group of Crystal Lake pack members that were standing close to the house. He didn’t want to be too far away from his mate in case she needed him.

He stood there patiently listening to the pack members as they talked watching the front door incase Ivy came out.

About thirty minutes later the front door slammed open and he watched as a crying Ivy raced out of the house.

He pushed his way through the crowd trying to get to her to see what was wrong “Ivy?” he called out to her. He let out a small growl when her sobs echoed over to him. He would kill who ever it was who made her so upset.

He had almost made his way to her when he watched as she tripped over a large rock and fell to the ground. He heard a loud thud when her head smashed to the ground.

Fear for his mate’s wellbeing flooded him, he ran as fast as he could to her side to find that she was unconscious.

“Ivy!” He heard someone scream behind him. “What did you do to her?”

He looked behind him and found the guy that had been watching movies with her the other day standing there looking made.

“Don’t speak down to me cub” He growled “I didn’t do anything to her. She tripped. We need to get her to your packs medical room” Just as the words left his mouth Ivy started to move. He looked down and watched as she opened her eyes. “Ivy are you ok?” He ask.

“What happened?” She asked softly.

“You came running out of the house and tripped, hitting your head.”

He watched as a look of sadness crossed her face. “I want to go home” She whispered

“Do you want me to get Hailey?” The guy behind him asked.

She looked at him and sneered, “No I don’t want you to get your sister Brody” She spat out.

He frowned down at her “Why not?” He asked.

“Our friendship is over, that’s why.” She said.

“What?" He asked shocked “Why are you two no longer friends?”

“Besides she is busy anyway.” She continued ignoring his question “Screwing my ex-boyfriend”

Understanding dawn on Wade as to why she had come running out of the house so upset.

“I don’t believe it, she wouldn’t do something like that” Brody said defending his sister.

“Are you saying that I am lying?” She asked “I know what I saw Brody, I will never be able to wipe that image from my mind”

Thinking she had, had enough Wade bent down and scoped her up in his arms.

“Hey where are you taking her?” Brody asked.

“Home” He was all he replied as he walked her over to her car and gently placed her into the passenger seat. He looked back at the guy and noticed the torn look on his face as he kept looking at Ivy and then back his house.

"Maybe you should go check on your sister" He told him as he walked around the car to the drivers side. The guy nodded his head before looking at Ivy one last time before walking off. Wade opened the drivers door and climbed in,