Chapter Thrity Four

Chapter Thirty Four

Wade sat in front of his oak desk in his office. He looked down at the picture of his mate that he had stolen from her house. Picking it up, he couldn’t help the feeling of longing as he looked at her. He couldn’t help but wonder what would have happened had he stayed there with her. Would she have discovered the truth about her being his mate and accepted him, or would she have rejected him like he feared?

A knock at his door pulled him from his thoughts.

“Come in” he said as he sat the picture back down on his desk.

The door opened to reveal one of his pack mates. “Sorry Alpha” The young man standing before him said “Alpha Benson is here to see you”

He stood from his seat, he heart racing, he could only be here for one reason “Ivy” he whispered softly.

“Sorry Alpha?” The young man ask

He cleared his throat “Send him in”

“Yes alpha” The young man said before walking out of the room.

He felt his wolf try to fight for control. He knew that there must have been something wrong for Kane to drive all the way to his pack. Something must have happened to her. He tried to fight his wolf as best as he could, needing to stay in control long enough to find out what has happened to his mate.

Kane walked into the room and noticed his struggles “She’s fine.” He said, knowing that his fear for Ivy’s safety was the problem.

Wade visibly relaxed at the sound of those words. “I thought…” He said.

“I know, I’m sorry I should have called first.” Kane said walking across the room. “I didn’t think”

“Why are you here?”

“To give you this.” He said showing him the envelope that he held in his hands “It’s from Ivy”

Wade blew out a loud breath and stared at the envelope “What is it?”

“I don’t know. She gave it to me before she left with Carter, she ask me to give it to you”

“So she left?” He said before sitting back down in his seat. His heart was still racing from the fear that he thought something had happened to his mate.

“Yeah, I did what you ask and let her go.”

“Please take a seat.” He said pointing to the seat across from him.

Kane walked over and sat himself down in the chair before placing the envelope on the desk.

“Does she know?”

Kane frowned at him “Know what?”

“That she is my mate”

Kane nodded his head “She does”

“So this could be a rejection letter?”

Kane hesitated before answering, “I don’t think she is that cruel”

“But you don’t know” He said glaring at the envelope.

“No I don’t, I have no idea what is in that envelope”

Wade closed his eyes “I could handle not being with her” He barked out a laugh “Ok that is a lie, I am miserable without her. But I am surviving not having her here with me because I knew that she didn’t know, but now” He blew out a breath “She knows, and if she doesn’t want me” he looked at Kane “I don’t think I will survive it”