Chapter One

I walked down the hall, not a care in the world. I was striding to my morning high. I can't function without smoking a bowl before school.

"Hey Gray." Macie chirped. Macie's my best friend and has been since first grade. Here it is senior year. I snapped out of my trance to reply.

"Hey Mace. What's up?"

"Nothing. When's the next party?" She wondered.

"Tomorrow's Friday isn't it?" I smirked.

"I like where your mind is." She nodded. "So what are you thinking this time?"

"Well, probably the usual. Why would I do anything else?"

"I don't know, just figured you'd want to change it up sometimes." She shrugged.

"Maybe later, I don't feel like it right now."

"Do you know if Adam is going?"

"I'm not sure." I said brushing it off.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Mace urged. I began to feel very overwhelmed, anxious and sick to my stomach. My palms began to sweat and I became very nervous.

"Mace I can't talk about this right now."

"What's wrong?" She wondered. I opened my mouth to answer but the warning bell saved me.

"I've gotta go." I sighed.

As I walk down the hallway I think to myself about what me and Macie just talked about. Adam is my ex boyfriend. I loved his ass so much and one day I just wasn't good enough for him anymore and he..

I can't even think about this right now.

-

It was nice to finally be home after seven brutal hours of high school. If you ask me, high school is prison in disguise. You are forced everyday to go to school, no other option. You have to eat the shit food they hand out, and you have to put up with arrogant assholes all day. High school really isn't my scene. I go, well, because I have to.

I walked into the kitchen with the intentions on having something to eat. As I was rummaging, I heard a knock at the door. I set the bag of pizza bites down and walked to the door. I peeped out the window. It was Macie. I unlocked the door and let her in.

"What's up shit head?" She greeted, shutting the door.

"Making pizza bites."

"Hell yea!" She chanted.

"Not for you, what the fuck." I laughed and walked back into the kitchen.

My mom is barely ever home. She's got a new boyfriend every week and mooches off of him until she gets what she wants. I'm pretty sure she does drugs, but I don't know. I never see her. My dad died when I was four and my brother lives with his dad. Thank god for a man that actually takes care of his shit. I applaud him.

"So why were you out of it earlier when I asked about Adam?" Macie wondered, searching through my kitchen like I had done a few minutes prior.

"I honestly, really, don't want to talk about it." I said with exasperation in my voice.

"Well if you don't wanna talk about that, let's talk about your party." She nodded.

"I'm not doing anything special. I'm running to the store right after I eat these to get the stuff to make jello shots. And I'm getting solo cups, pop, and chips. That's it. I may or may not make brownies." I winked.

"Ooooh, brownies." Macie drooled over the idea in her head. I laughed as I put my pizza bites in the oven.

"You're more than welcome to come with me." I shrugged.