Chapter Four

It's now Friday. Michael has been texting me to hang out since Monday. After cold stone, Michael went home and I was left all alone. I went to bed that night rather sad. However, Macie's mom made me get a job since I was living there free of charge. So, hanging out with anyone was minimized.

I really don't like working, and I'd rather not. So, I'm going to try and convince Mace's mom that school is enough until I graduate. Which is six  months from now.

Thank the heavens above that it doesn't snow in southern California. I can't wait until April though. That's when I finally turn 18. Three more months.

So, today in third hour, English, Michael turned around in his seat and smiled at me.

"What are you smiling about?" I wondered.

"Just thinking about Monday." He shrugged softly.

"Oh, shut up." I laughed.

"When are we going to pick up where we left off?" He smirked.

"I'm not sure. I'm busy as fuck with work." I sighed. Looking over to see Adam eyeing us.

"Damn. That sucks." He moaned. I nodded in agreement.

The bell rang, signaling all of us to turn to the front of the class where Ms. Higgins started her lecture of the day.

-

I came home from work that day, and threw all my stuff on the couch, plopping down next to it. Macie was watching Netflix, so I joined her.

"What's good?" She greeted.

"I'm fuckin exhausted." I groaned.

"I'm sorry. There's a surprise in your room though, so that might make it better." She smirked.

I gave her a suspicious eye, wondering what could be down there.

I grabbed my belongings and trucked my way down the basement steps all the way until I reached my room.

When I walked in, my room was pitch black, aside from a few lit candles. Whiiich, I don't remember lighting. Or, owning.

I turned on the light, seeing a big solid red paper bag. This must be my surprise. Maybe a late christmas present.

Inside was another bag, I pulled it out and started going through it. There was a ton of new jewelry, fake of course. I pulled it all out, necklaces, bracelets, and even earrings.

I looked in the big red bag and found clothes at the bottom of it. I pulled them out along with shoes.

There was a mickey mouse sweater with jeans and vans. I noticed that these were my clothes. The other outfit was a burgundy lace dress with dark brown sandals. Also my clothes. Why the hell would Macie put my clothes in a bag and give them to me?

I looked in the bag to see if there was anything else. Good thing I did because there was envelope at the bottom.

I ripped it open to reveal a note. It read,

Gray,

Here are two outfits and some jewelry I bought for you. You don't have to wear the jewelry if you don't like any of it, I mean, hell, I am a guy. Haha, anyway, pick one of the outfits to wear and meet me at the park down the street. Which ever outfit you choose will determine what we do tonight. See you soon, I'll be waiting.

Michael x

There's no way in hell he did this on his own.

"MACIE!" I yelled at the top of ny lungs. It wasn't even ten seconds before she appeared in my door way with a big ass smile on her face.