Chapter Two

The party's about to start and I'm running around my house like a mad man. There's at least one thing saving my ass right now, everyone who's cool knows to show up an hour after the set time. You don't wanna be the first lame ass here

The saying, "beer before liquor, never sicker, liquor before beer, in the clear", kept playing in my head like a broken record. So I stored all the liquor in the cooler until at least an hour in.

There's enough beer here for everyone to feel a slight buzz, then I'll bust out the good shit.

Mace showed up early, the only person aloud to break the hour after rules. She began setting up all the plastic cups and paper plates for snacks. Even though the plates won't be used after everyone's drunk, it looks better to have them.

I here a knock at the door and start to panic. What time is it?! Not realizing how fast time went by, it's ten thirty.

I open the door and let the group standing out there, in. Most of which I hardly communicate with.

By midnight my house is packed, a few people show up and leave here and there, but mostly everyone stayed. There were people flooding my basement and front yard because it's so hot in my house. All the windows are open but it's not helping.

I step outside to find Macie sucking face with Luke like it was her job. I smirked and nodded, continuing down my cement walkway. Once by the sidewalk, I lit a cigarette.

Halfway through it I hear and unfamiliar voice. Maybe I'm going crazy because of all the alcohol in my system, but this person almost sounds british.

"You know, those things aren't good for you."

I turn around to see who's criticizing my smoking habits to find a rather tall guy. Black hair and a ripped tshirt. He was kinda hot.

"Can I get one?" He asked.

"I thought they were bad for you." I retorted.

"Touché. But it's only because I've been drinking." He shrugged.

I handed him a cigarette and my lighter.

"Are you from england?" I asked, curious of his accent.

"Australia." He confirmed.

"Oh well, I was close. What are you doing here?" I wondered, taking a drag on my cigarette.

"I moved in with Lucas. Couldn't stand being home anymore, and I missed the asshole. Too bad he's eating some girls face, leaving me to talk to you." He grinned.

I gasped with such exasperation in my voice, "I'm offended."

We both started cracking up.

"You're kind of funny, what's your name?"

"I'm Gray. My names Graylyn, but I fuckin hate it. So, Gray."

"I'm Michael." He smiled, sticking his hand out for me to shake.

"What the hell?" I laughed. "I don't do handshakes." I admitted.

"Oh, well it's still nice meeting you."

"Hey Gray." I recognized the awful voice. The voice that only said, hey Gray, sent shivers down my spine and made me want to puke.

"Adam, go home. You weren't invited here." I stated.

"I didn't know it was invite only," he said getting closer to me, "I came to see you. I've missed you." He murmured, his hands finding their resting place on my hips.

"You seriously need to go. I don't want to see you." I said aggressively, pushing his hands off of me.

"Don't act like this, I came to see you." He whispered, touching me again.