Chapter 10 - Too friendly Max.

"What were you doing with that girl?" I demanded as soon as I cornered Adam. He looked at me with startled eyes, surprised by the sudden change of topic. The boys were still all giggly about my kissing scene with Mia and kept talking about it the whole way home. But I was quiet. Adam was flirting with Mia's friend in front of me-- His girlfriend! I couldn't forget that, and I needed to know what was that about.

"What are you talking about?" He asked carefully as if he was treading in some dangerous territory, which he was-- treading that is. 

"Don't act dumb! That girl In the House! Mia's friend?" I said, searching his face for any trace of emotion. 

"What about her?" He asked. He fidgeted with his shirt for a moment and gave me a look, "I wasn't doing anything with that girl!"

"So was I imagining that you were flirting with her?" I finally asked irked by his indifference. Adam was a playboy. And I knew he had many girlfriends before. He probably flirted with all the girls, in the presence of his girlfriend or not. I wasn't going to allow that. 

"I wasn't at all flirting with her!" argued Adam. His expression was marked with sincerity and then a smirk started to form on his lips. He held me by my shoulders. "Are you jealous?"

"No. I am not jealous. I'm just asking." I tried to move away but he pulled me closer. Now he had a full-blown smile on his face.

"Yes, you are." He breathed into my ear, which made chills sending through my spine. "Tina, I wasn't flirting with her. She tried to pull me closer, but I was just trying to get away from her."

I knew he was telling me the truth because he looked straight into my eyes while telling me. I had heard somewhere that when a person looks straight into your eyes, he's speaking the truth. 

"Ok. Fine." I relaxed against him. We both kept hugging each other for some minute. but then Max came to stand beside us. 

"Are you done with your romance? I need to eat. I'm hungry." He said teasingly.

We both jumped apart. Max always had this uncanny habit to jump into us at the wrong time. He looked at Adam with a strange look and then gave me a similar one. Max once again was in his mood. A bad one, that is.

 "You're so grumpy!" I complained and then pushed Adam off me and started to walk towards the house. Adam hurried to walk beside me and Max followed behind. 

"You both are disgusting!" Max replied back, unaffected by my small rant. 

"Guess what?" I stopped and whirled around to face Max, who was grinning down at me. "You're the  most disgusting person here, and that's what is making us disgusting-- like you!" Without waiting for his insulting reply, I quickened my steps and entered the house. 

Adam chuckled behind me and then a gasp. Max had elbowed him in the ribs a bit too hard. I rolled my eyes at their playful brawl. 

When we walked into the kitchen, We saw Mom and dad cuddling each other and tasting the ice-cream placed in front of them. My cheeks burned with embarrassment. My parents met and loved each other right from the day they met in high school. George and I were used to their show of affection. But now, I was just embarrassed. 

I cleared my throat and they both looked up startled. Mom quickly flew out of the chair and straightened her already straight dress. "Oh, Tina. I didn't see y'all come in." She smiled at Max and Adam, pretending not to care about their affectionate display. "Max, Adam Nice to see you both. Where's George?"

I looked around, George was nowhere to be seen. I thought he was in his room. So, I did what I normally do to call George downstairs. I took a deep breath and shouted, "GEORGE, COME DOWN AT ONCE!" Mom winced and Dad glared at me. We heard the footsteps pounding on the floor and George entered the kitchen with a fearsome scowl.