Chapter 7 - Max's Party

A/N- Editing teen drama is tiring. Too old for this LOL

Amanda arrived very early. I noticed that George was very happy about it. I spoke to him about the fight. But he said that it was none of my business and that it was a guy matter. Amanda looked at me curiously, she was dying to know what George had to say. I shrugged.  

She seemed unaffected by George's smile or the fact that he was constantly staring at her. They were really good for each other, if they hadn't drifted off, they would have been the definition of soulmates by now. That was going to be an awesome love story.

"Stop daydreaming about Adam," She snapped, jerking me out of my reverie. "Let's get you dressed up and all. I've got loads of stuff."

She snatched her bag from the table—the bag was quite heavy. I wondered what she had stored in it—took my hand and lead me upstairs and into my room. Once we were both inside, she slammed the door shut and locked it. Rubbing her palms she said, "So, I've got a Hair curler and straightener. We're gonna style our hair first. That'll take a lot of time." She kept rambling about various hairstyles and I just nodded my head not even paying attention.

She started to curl my hair first while I kept muttering to her how my hair was going to get rough and dry. She ignored me and kept twisting and turning my hair. I dozed off for some time while she kept doing her work.

"Sleepyhead! Get up." She shook my shoulders. Hard.

I stood up quickly. My brain was so dizzy I lost my balance. Thankfully Amanda steadied me before I fell on my butt.

"What?" I gasped. "Idiot, don't wake me up like that! I almost had a heart attack!"

"But you didn't!" she said impatiently. "Now are you going to look at your hair and tell me how great I am?"

I looked in the mirror. She had just curled my lower hair so that it could be more bouncy and wavy. Amanda had magic in her hands. My hair looked like it had a life of its own. The hair gel worked wonders and I almost forgot about the ill effects of using hair chemicals.

"Amanda! This is great!" I exclaimed her and touched a curl.

She bowed to me and said, "You're welcome, my sweet." She straightened up and quickly opened my closet. "Where's the dress I'd given you for the party?"

I took out that dress which I had folded carefully. Dark blue and quite eye catching. But the thing which I hadn't noticed earlier, it was short. Too short.

"I can't wear this!" I shouted. "This is too short for me!"

Amanda growled in frustration. "TINA! You are going to wear this dress! I know you've never worn a short dress before. But this is a party wear!"

"Amanda, it barely covers my legs!"

"It covers your butt. And it's not that short. Your thighs are so perfect. Show off a bit girl!" She turned her back to me and plugged her straightener.

It was so hopeless fighting with Amanda. I stormed into the bathroom and quickly wore the dress. Amanda was busy working on her hair so I didn't bother her calling inside. The dress was a perfect fit. It fitted snugly to all my curves, though my butt looked a bit too fat. My chest was flat. I was very thin and skinny. These were my flaws. I was suddenly depressed. What if Adam doesn't like me in this dress? NO! This is not about Adam. Wait, now I had someone else (whose name I didn't even say out loud) in my mind. 

And since when I started thinking about this? Irritated with my thoughts, I quickly returned to the bedroom and stood behind Amanda.  

She kept singing me praises and after whole three hours of primping ourselves, we were ready. Mom compulsory made me wear lens. She said it would look odd if I wore glasses.