Their Happily Ever After

A/N

Hey readers!

This is the last regular chapter for 'The Day I Went And Fell In Love' and I hope you enjoyed it. I'm thinking of changing the title, because it really sucks. Also, I will write an epilogue, and there won't be a sequel to this, so please don't ask. I'm ready to finish this, and once I have I will start with my new story, 'Saviour'.

Thanks for reading!

Lucy xX

***

Emily's POV

"Girl, he totally loves you!" Amy said as I described Matthew's behaviour towards me in the last few weeks.

It had been just over a month since the incident, and Amy was fitting right back into school, and stepped right back into being my best friend. Matthew and I had started officially dating three weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier. My life was perfect. Matthew had given me no reason to doubt him, and I trusted him completely.

I laughed at her conclusion, and threw the hair back from my face. She grinned at me, and paused the movie we were watching. Amy turned to face me, her eyes mischievously.

"So we've been dating, what? Three weeks? And that's your conclusion?" I asked, skeptically.

"Oh come on Emily! You love him right?" she asked, raising one eyebrow.

"Like you have to ask!" I scoffed.

"Precisely! And he feels the same way. Seriously, Luke and I will get match-making if you don't start saying it."

I rolled my eyes at her, and Amy giggled. Amy and Luke had become pretty close over the last few weeks too, and I had a feeling they'd start dating soon. Whether or not the relationship continued was another matter, but they sure got on well.

"I might have some match-making to do myself," I said.

Amy blushed, and took a playful swipe at my arm. We grinned at each other, and the rest of our evening continued in a similar manner until her mother threw me out, smiling just like Amy did. I bid her goodbye, and walked home in the warm summer sun. I gasped when I reached the drive, as a black BMW sat on the driveway.

"Dad!" I squeaked when I opened the door.

I tackled my father in a hug, and smiled at him. He spent most of his life abroad, so seeing him was a novelty. My mother too, was smiling, also happy to see him. He lead me to the sofa, and made me tell him everything about Matthew. I assumed he knew about Jake, and I wasn't about to ruin the mood, so I didn't mention it.

The doorbell rang a few moments later, and I cursed when I remembered I had a date with Matthew. I opened the door, and apologised to Matthew, explaining that my father had just come home. my wonderful guy understood. He held up his hand, shaking his head.

"Calm down, Emily. I'll wait, it's fine," he said, patting my shoulder and kissing my cheek.

I thanked him, and ran upstairs to put on a pretty white and green flowery skirt and a green top. I didn't bother with make-up, and I ran downstairs, slipping on a comfortable pair of sandals at the foot of the staircase. Matthew and my dad were chatting in the living room.

I walked in, smiling, and Matthew said he'd wait outside. My dad patted the seat next to him, and I sat down, waiting for his analysis of Matthew.

"He's a good lad, Emily. I know you've always been friends with him, and I can tell you love each other. He'll look after you honey, I know that," he said. "Now off you go!"

I kissed my dad's cheek, them flitted out of the door. Matthew took my hand as we walked to our favourite restaurant beside the river. We sat down at our usual table, and ordered our food.

After another pleasant meal together, we walked along the side of the river, hand in hand as we watched and commented on the scenery. We leant against one of the old wooden bridges, the warm wind blowing through our hair. Matthew kissed me gently, and I kissed him back slowly.

"I love you Emily," he whispered.

My heart did a flip when he said those words, and I struggled to form a response. Say something! I screamed at myself, but nothing came out. Matthew looked away from me, a blush rising to his cheeks. I tilted his face towards mine and kissed his lips once, twice, and thrice.

"I love you too Matthew, more than I can say," I replied gently.

With those words, Matthew lifted me by my waist, and spun me around, kissing my lips once as he set me back on my feet. We grinned at each other, and the night felt perfect.

Hell, life felt perfect.

***

A few hours later, Matthew and I walked back to my house, our facing shining happily. Both of my parents noticed immediately, and I bid Matthew goodbye on the porch as it was late.

"Thank you," I said, smiling.

"You're welcome, Emily. Every time," he said.

We kissed gently, our lips dancing the dance as old as time as we bid one another farewell for the night. Matthew flicked a few strands of hair away from my face, and smiled.

"I love you, Emily," he whispered.

"And I love you Matthew, always," I said.

And with those words, their story ends, forever in our minds, and always in our souls. Forever sketched upon our hearts, a meaning shining through, no matter what. Through thick and thin, they would stick together, never parting, even in death.

***

A/N

Thanks so much for reading guys, just look out for the epilogue! I know that I switched to the third person at the end there, but it felt right to did so. Sorry that it was a short chapters, but I felt it ended in the right place.

Lucy xX