5. Break-Up (Picture Of Paul)

Chapter 5

•Break-Up•

"What was that all about?" asked Jessica, coming out of her conversation with Angela.

"I... don't know..." said Bella.

People were dividing up. Some were following Rosalie, Jasper, Emmett, and Alice, thinking they'd get over their fears and ask them why they'd left. Others were rushing up to Bella, crushing her with questions. Some stood inbetween, not knowing what to do.

"Bella!"

"Bella?"

"Bella!?"

"What happened?"

"What did you do?"

"What's up between you two?"

"Bella!"

"Bella?"

Everyone was asking questions at the same time. Some of Bella's guy friends came up to try to save her, but it didn't quite work.

"Grab my hand, Bella!" yelled Tyler. They were too far away to reach each other.

"Over here, Bella!" called Mike from the other side, she couldn't see him.

"Bella!" called Eric, trying to penetrate the now massive crowd, but failing.

"It's no use guys..." she sighed, even though no one heard her. Bella was pretty popular in the first place so it wasn't too abnormal to be surrounded by large amounts of people if a small event happened to her. But suddenly, three large, tan guys guys pushed through the crowd.

"Come on, babe," said Paul and he dragged her out. Jacob and Embry followed. The four of them went outside.

"Why are you..." started Bella, but was cut off by her boyfriend.

"I told you to stay away from those horrid Cullens," spit Paul.

"I did, I don't know what happened. I just... he just... they just... I don't even know!" exploded Bella.

"What. Did. You. Do. ?" asked Jacob angrily.

"I just glanced at them, then they looked at me, they looked alarmed, then Edward got mad at the other four and stormed away!"

"Anything else?" pressured Paul through gritted teeth.

"No... I don't think so. What did I do that made him so mad!?" asked Bella in a whiney tone.

"I'm not sure..." said Paul.

"Okay..."

"Paul," began Embry, "She's going to be way too troublesome. She's obviously gonna mess with them! I think you should break up with her now before you get sucked into this."

Bella's thoughts: I never liked Embry that much.

"Well... Maybe I should, I'm not really allowed to be near the Cullens..." he thought out loud.

"PAUL! You're not seriously gonna listen to him!? Who said I was going to mix with the Cullens anyway? Maybe I should just break up with you for doughting me!" yelled Bella. They were attracting an audience. There were three things the Forks High students love: 1) Drama 2) Popular kids 3) Quileute kids. And our current situation involved all of those. Great.

"Are you breaking up with me?" he asked angrily.

"I never said that," said Bella matter-of-factly.

"Well I'm saying it now; I'm breaking up with you." And he walked away with Embry following. He was strangley quivering.

Jacob put his arm around Bella to comfort her. She just stood there, shocked.

"Hey, perk up," soothed Jacob. "Paul is just a dick. Don't listen to him. And Embry... Embry is just...an assumuming person..."

"I know, I dated him for a day..." sighed Bella.

"You know what they say about people who assume?" asked Jacob jokingly.

"What?" asked Bella playfully.

"To assume, is to make an Ass out of U and ME." He smiled.

"I don't get it," said Bella flat-out.

"Think about the spelling of assume," he tried.

"What?" asked clueless Bella.

"Nevermind," laughed Jacob.

The people who had been mobbing Bella inside were starting to realize where she'd gone. They started swarming her and Jacob, but he raced her away, whispering to her, "We'll just tell the teachers I'm checking out the school to see if I'm going to transfer here. I'll skip." A mischeivious smile spread over his face. Bella knew that he skipped often, but he was still thrilled everytime he did.

Bella and Jacob dashed to her first period class, holding hands in a friendly way.

They told the teacher their story and he believed it. So gullible...

They sat in the back row while the teacher was setting up a movie to play on a dinky TV screen.

"So why'd you come back to the school?" said Bella, starting a conversation.

"Well," began Jacob, looking uneasy.