17. Discussions (Picture Of Esme)

Chapter 17

•Discussions•

*two hours later*

There were more people in the room, now. They were all couples- either emersed in a kiss or intrigued by a deep conversation.

Bella and Jacob sat on the same couch as before, except Bella was sitting on Jacob's lap, her face pressed against his toasty chest.

"Are you sure you don't want to dance?" asked Jacob jokingly.

"I'm already going to dance with a vampire tonight. That's already two death sentences," said Bella quiet enough so the other couples couldn't hear.

"Two?" asked Jacob.

"One- Being with a vampire-" began Bella, but was interupted by Jacob.

"I already knew that," he mumbled impatiently.

Bella chose to ignore Jake's outburst and continued. "And two- Dancing," said Bella truthfully.

Jacob analyzed Bella's face to see if she was kidding. Not an ounce of joke was on it.

"Please, hun?" he pleaded.

"You don't have centuries of practice, though," grumbled Bella under her breath.

"So?" he asked, only hearing her mumbled retort because of his supersonic, inhuman ears.

"So he's probably better," she murmured, clearly speaking of her forced dance arrangement.

"How do you know that I'm a bad dancer?" he asked, pretending to be offended.

"I never said YOU were a bad dancer. It's ME you have to worry about. I can't even throw a basketball without falling down. And that has nothing to do with feet!-"

"Well, actually, your feet need to-" said Jacob, cutting off Bella's rant. But he got some karma and was cut off by Bella.

"I really don't think your basketball advice is going to help much with my dancing..." mumbled Bella. "But anyway, the key to dancing is your feet, not your hands! I'm too clumsy for it!"

"So why will you able to dance with Cullen?" spat Jacob.

"Cuz I don't have a choice about that..." muttered Bella.

"You always have a choice, hun," said Jacob.

"I know... But it would be rude to stand him up," said Bella.

"So your just going to be an amazing with him?" asked Jacob sarcastically.

"Well the last dance is always a slow dance. And want to get some answers out of him... So maybe we'll just be standing there, but not moving," she said, hope ringing in her tone.

"I dought it," snorted Jacob.

"Well, I'll just make a fool of myself!" said Bella loudly.

She whipped her head around to see if anyone had been paying enough attention to notice her outburst. No one was looking.

Jacob's eyelids had slid shut. He wasn't asleep, but he was definatly about to gie in to it.

"Bleh..." murmured Jacob, eyes still shut. "Look behind you Bella, it reeks real bad."

She flung her head around.

Edward Cullen, with eyes black as a thin layer of smoke, was standing before her.

"I believe we have plans for the last song, which will be beginning in a minute Miss?" he said while sticking a hand out to assist her up.

"We do," she said quietly and took his hand. "Jake, honey, please uhh... begin the set-up for that thing," she reminded him.

Jacob sat up quickly and went to find the rest of the pack to station them in places to watch Bella.

Bella hooked an arm around Edward's and they walked to an open spot on the dancefloor, near the door to the patio.

Jacob was at the punchbowl, pouring punch for people. He was closest to Bella.

Leah was standing on the patio, leaning on a railing, talking to a random guest. They were the only people on the patio.

Embry was out on the dancefloor, dancing with some girl.

Quil was laying on a couch across the room. His eyes appeared shut to the simple passer-by, but were open a tiny fraction.

Cascada's Everytime We Touch shifted to Selena's Gomez's Love You Like A Love Song.

"I know you fear dancing," he said quietly.

"Yeah," I managed to say.

"Put your feet on mine, I'll lead, you'll find it much easier like that," he said in his soft, velvet voice.

"Okay..." mumbled Bella, she did as she was told.

"Shall we dance now?" asked Edward politely.

"We shall."

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Author's Note: Holy crap!- Someone interviewed me! Check out gayglitteringvampire's Interviews With Wattpad Writers!!- http://www.wattpad.com/1878197-interview-with-gymnast17 Comments would be greatly appreciated. And check out her stories, too!

I love you all! Vote/comment/fan if you think I deserve it... And if you want the next chapter. I want 4 comments and 4 votes before I continue! Can you handle it!?