12. Acting, Talking, Shopping (Picture Of Rosalie)

Chapter 12

•Acting, Talking, Shopping•

*after lunch*

"Mr. Varner," called Bella. It was group work time in English so you're allowed to talk to the teacher without raising her hand. She tried her best to look ill.

He rushed over, seeing her condition.

"I think I need to visit the nurse," she said softly, resting a hand over her forehead.

"Yes, dear. Would you like a student to escourt you their?"

"No. I think I'll be fine." She stood up slowly and wobbled to the propped open door.

"Are you sure... because if you..." She cut him off.

"I'll be perfectly fine," she said and slithered out the door. The second she was out of hearing-range, she snatched her cell-phone out of her pocket and flipped it open.

Dialing... Dialing... Dialing...

"Hello?" asked the voice on the other side.

"Hey, Quil? Can you come to my school? I gotta skip and I need help." Bella has been becoming closer friends with Quil every since he drove her to Emily's house that first day.

"Totally. Be there in five," crackled Quil's voice from his crappy cell phone. "Wait, what's the plan?"

And Bella told him.

*five minutes later in the front office*

"Miss," began Bella, speaking to the secretary at the front desk. Quil had a hand on Bella's shoulder. He was shirtless.

"Yes?" asked the young woman in her twenties, not looking up from her paperwork. She suddenly glanced up and noticed Quil without his shirt. She made a flirty smile.

"My cousin from Mexico has just arrived." She guestured to Quil. "He informed me that his parents had just passed away from a terrible accident." Quil looked down at the floor, attempting to look sad. "He came here looking for me because he couldn't remember my address. He needs to speak with my parents to try to arrange where he will be staying until he turns eighteen. They are his godparents. I need to bring him home straight away!" Bella tapped her foot on the ground for effect. She can be an amazing actress at some times, but a horrid one at others.

"Could you maybe excuse Bella from her afternoon classes?" He plastered a grin on his face that even a four-year-old wouldn't be able to resist.

"I don't think that really counts as an excused absence..." she murmured.

"Will it count if I bring you to dinner next friday night?" His eyes locked alluringly onto the secretary's face. She blushed.

"Uhh... Well... Umm..." She was awe-struck at Quil.

"Just say yes, hun. We all know you're going to," said Bella enticingly.

"Yes... I'll just... get the paperwork..." she muttered under her breath while walking about the room, gathering papers.

"Quil?" whispered Bell. "I just need to be dropped off at Jake's. Kay?"

"Sure," he whispered back.

Good thing that the kids on the reservation have today off from school because it's some Quileute holiday.

*at Jacob's house*

"Hey, Jake," called Bella as she let herself into his house like it were her own.

"Bells!" exclaimed Jacob, jumping up behind her, accidentally frightening her. She jumped and when she landed she fell... But Jacob caught her.