two : drumsticks

tyler walks into school two days later with a strong urge to run his fingers along smooth piano keys and to press his slender fingers against them.

jenna meets him outside the school building and they make their way through the bustling hallway to their english class.
tyler has other plans though, and jenna can tell he's having one of his days.

she just looks at him and nods quietly, he grins before turning around and sprinting towards the music room.

in a matter of seconds the halls are empty and tyler slows to a quiet walk. he quietly pushes open the door to the music room.

he quickly locks it behind him and lets out a sigh of relief.
however once he's in tyler knows he's not alone, he can hear the faint pounding of a drum kit through the 'sound proof' walls of the room connected to the piano room.

tyler huffs and stomps his foot childishly, he decides to sit down and wait for the drummer to be finished. they probably had been drumming so loudly that they hadn't heard the bell.

five minutes pass and tyler figures the drummer wont be leaving anytime soon, so he takes a seat at the piano.

he runs his finger tips along the curve of the black keys and lightly plays a few notes. he reaches into his backpack on the ground and fumbles for his notebook.

he pulls out his music and spends a while playing around with and adding to a couple of his own songs. the mysterious drummer is still going at it as hard as they were when tyler came in.

tyler's fine with it though, as long as they don't walk in on him during his session. tyler sighs and slams his notebook shut, he decides to play something just for fun.

he begins the song with a soft and sharp beat, before singing the lyrics to one of his favourite childhood songs.

"you would not believe your eyes, if ten million fireflies lit up the world as i fell asleep. cause they'd fill the open air and leave teardrops everywhere. you'd think me rude but i would just stand and stare."

tyler pauses before slowing down the beat.

"id like to make myself believe, that planet earth turns slowly. its hard to say id rather stay awake when i'm asleep, because everything is never as it seems."

he fixes his glasses from falling off his nose and picks up the beat again.

"cause id get a thousand hugs from ten thousand lightning bugs as they tried to teach me how to dance. a foxtrot above my head, a sock-hop beneath my bed, a disco ball is just hanging by a thread."

tyler stops playing abruptly and shoots his head up at the sound of a drumstick hitting the floor. he looks up to find the offender but they're already out of the door, leaving it swinging behind them.