twenty-one : no control

(hey bbs!! srry about the lack of update but ive been v busy and ive been coming up with ideas for new fics! if u havent pls check out my new joshler fic called 'i don't believe in angels' love u.)

josh💞: tyler angel why haven't you been at school???

my babyboy💘: i haven't been feeling well

josh💞: thats no good sweetheart, want me to come over after school?

my babyboy💘: no, im fine thanks.

why was tyler being so cold? surely it's not just because he's sick, josh thinks as he quietly taps his pen against the desk. his english teacher is talking about the project thats due next week, josh can't find it in him to listen.

he wants to know whats up with tyler, he hasn't been at school all week and has been ignoring most of josh's texts, was he being too clingy? josh knew he was a protective boyfriend but he didn't think tyler minded that much.

or is it because of what happened at the party? god josh knew tyler would've been uncomfortable with the dare, but tyler was the one to indicate it. josh tugs at his faded red curls in frustration and decides to send jenna a text.

josh: hey, whats up with tyler?

jenna: what do you mean???

josh: he's been off school all week and has been ignoring me since the party, somethings up.

jenna: yeah, its best to leave him when he's in one of his moods. i'll go see him after school.

josh: tell him i miss him, yea?

jenna: will do, dont worry about him too much. i'm sure he's fine.

jenna isn't as sure as she seems, and when she arrives at tyler's doorstep she doesn't bother knocking and instead uses the emergency key under the doormat and walks straight in. she can hear music playing softly from tyler's room and lightly taps her knuckles against the door.

"tyler? its jenna." she hears a deep sigh, and the music pauses and she hear's feet pad towards the door. the door creaks open and tyler peeks out before opening it fully and allowing jenna to step in. he looks like shit, his hair is a birds nest and his eyes have deep rings around them. his lips are cracked and his glasses are fogged up.

he notices jenna staring and diverts his eyes to the floor before closing the door to his room behind her. "whats happened to you, ty?" jenna sighs, flopping onto his un-made bed.

he sighs and sits down next to her,

"i have no idea, jen." tyler huffs out, jenna places her hand on his back and pulls his slim frame into her, holding him tightly against her chest. tyler wraps his arms around her and nestles his face in the crook of her neck, sighing contently.

after a few moments of silence, she speaks up. "josh misses you ty, he's really worried" she says, tyler nods and sighs. "i know, i might ask him around soon i feel really bad."

jenna nods understandingly, "i'll get out of your hair then, make sure to call your boyfriend tyguy." jenna speaks, untangling herself from tyler and standing up. "bye jen," tyler smiles softly as she leaves his room giving him a small wave.

tyler adjusts his glasses on his face and slumps his shoulders, he picks up his phone and sends a text to josh.

my baby boy💘: joshie? can you come over?

josh💞: course, angel. be there in a bit.

my baby boy💘: mhm, see you soon.

fifteen minutes later and josh is climbing the stairs to tyler's bedroom, he opens the door to find tyler laying on the brown carpet and staring at the ceiling, his glasses all wonky.

"tyler? you okay?" josh questions confusedly before crouching down and positioning himself next to tyler. tyler turns his head to face josh and smiles lightly before turning onto his side and slinging his arms over josh's stomach.

"whats up angel, why havent you been at school? i've missed you," josh exclaims, pulling tyler closer and wrapping his arm around the smaller boys shoulders. " 'm sorry," tyler mumbles into josh's shoulder, his glasses pressing into his skin.

"it's perfectly fine, tyler. i just worry about you, baby." josh tells him, rubbing small patterns into the small of tyler's back. tyler giggles and nuzzles further into josh, stifling a yawn.

"c'mon sweetheart, lets get you into bed." josh huffs out as he stands up and carries tyler bridal style onto his bed, he lays tyler under the covers and turns around to close the curtains. "joshie? are you not gonna snuggle with me?" tyler murmurs, making grabby hands at josh.

josh chuckles fondly and closes the curtains, "of course i am baby, i was just closing the curtains." josh explains before climbing under the covers and pulling tyler's smaller frame closer to him.

he notices tyler's glasses are still on his face so he carefully slides them off and places them on the bedside table, tyler mumbles a thank you in return.
"my sleepy angel," josh sighs, making tyler giggle.

"g'night joshie," tyler mumbles sleepily, although it's only 5:30pm josh grins and threads his fingers in tyler's messy hair.
"goodnight baby," josh smiles, but tyler's already fast asleep.