four : confidence?

tyler walks into school with jenna the next morning feeling particularly confident. jenna had picked out his outfit for him the night prior.

jenna had stuck tiny silver stars on the sides of his usual black thick framed glasses. he was wearing light wash jeans with rips in the knees and a floral button up, accompanied by his signature black vans.

his nails that jenna painted had turned out great, tyler walked into school beaming that morning.

he wasn't really feeling the piano today so he had at last minute shoved his mahogany ukulele into his yellow backpack.

during first period, which was english; tyler's phone vibrated in his back pocket. he discretely reached in and pulled it out under the desk.

unknown number: you look cute today

tyler lets out a shallow breath and looks up before typing a reply.

tyler😇: do you go to my school? are you stalking me?

unknown number: i do yea, i just happened to see you in the hallway. don't worry, princess.

tyler😇: how did you even get my number? stop calling me that.

unknown number: i have my ways.

tyler😇: well i'd like it if you stopped texting me.

unknown number: don't be like that. i'm just scared you'll hate me if we speak in real life.

tyler😇: i don't hate anyone, but this texting thing is kind of creepy.

unknown number: maybe i'll talk to you in person sometime, then.

tyler😇: yea okay, i don't bite,
i dunno about you though.

unknown number: we'll leave that for the bedroom babe.

tyler grimaces and shoves his phone into his backpack, he tries to pay attention to the lesson as he nervously taps his fingers against the hardwood desk.