chapter 7

I'm out of breath i can't think straight I'm running up and down the street wondering where the hell he could have gone. I quickly pull out my phone and try to call him it goes straight to voice mail "damn it"

the street lights come on and i see a tall figure near a bridge "who is that?" i go closer to see that it was Steven "damn it whats he doing!!!" i call his name he doesn't hear me he hops on the ledge of the bridge "shit" i sprint toward him he's ready to jump I'm running faster then i ever ran

"got you!!" i breath a sigh of relief i look at him wondering if he is ok we step down from of the ledge "why did you follow me?" he said with anger in his eyes "i followed you because i was worried about you" i replied "you should have just let me died" he said with tears in his eyes "Steven please just let me help you" i say reaching for his hand he pulls back "Layla how do you feel about me?" he asked "i don't want you to kill yourself" i reply "what else" he urged me to continue "i care about you and i want us to get through this together"

"like together" he asked "yes" i reply getting hom away from the bridge "come on you need to get some rest you'll stay at my house" i tell him"thanks" he said taking my hand we stood together walking home.

we reach my house I'm not worried about my mother saying anything she lays there on the couch past out drunk of course we head upstairs to my room we change to something more comfortable and hop into my bed " layla i care about you alot more than you" he says holding me close "i don't want to hurt you" he replied "i know but when i said I'll help i meant it"i say looking deep into his eyes "i love you" he said smiling i couldn't believe what i was hearing but all i knew was that i felt the same way "i love you too" i said we kiss and fall asleep into each other's arms.

*Morning*

I wake up and turn to see Steven sleeping face he looks so cute this way I get up without waking him and head downstairs to make us some breakfast I set the table with some orange juice and severed some bacon and eggs with some toast

"mmm" a sound from behind me came "it smells great in here" Stevens hungry voice called "come sit down" I urge him to the table we sit and eat and talk about what to do about his mother

"where is your dad?" I ask "he goes on a lot of business trips so I never have the chance to talk to him" he said kind of disappointed " when does he come home we can really use his help" I ask "well he should be coming home this weekend before his big conference in Washington" he replied "good when your dad comes home we'll go over and talk to him" I tell him "until then you'll stay with me" I reply "thanks but this isn't all about me" he tells me I'm wondering what he means "I know my situation is bad but you still have your problem remember?"

I try to think back to what he was talking about "oh I remember now me trying to kill myself in the school bathroom" I put my head down in embarrassment "it's ok Layla we in this together remember" he said "yeah" I replied I felt better knowing I had him by my side we sat there smiling till we heard a long groan coming from the living room "oh no" I thought not now the moment is so perfect

"what's going on" a grumpy voice shouted as she headed for the kitchen my heart began to pound even faster Steven gripped my hand letting me know everything will be ok "now your bring guys home I knew you were a slut" her mother said "this is Steven" I try to introduce him but she quickly buts in

"well he sure is a cutie pie" she said giving him a wink "so what are you doing with a scrub like her" she said getting closer to him "she's my girlfriend" he said holding my hand she steps back I didn't deny it I just looked at him and smiled.

"Well there's something's you should know she's a horrible daughter all she does is cause trouble I've been the one putting up with her crap day in and day out she has no father" she finished "I have no mother either" I stated

we just stared and glared at each other till Steven asked "can we talk about this?" pleading with my me and my mother but I knew she would never listen to me "I don't have time for this I have to go to work" she said stumbling toward the door let me remind you her job is a prostitute she works with a pimp and if she doesn't make enough money he beats the crap out of her.

She opens the door and slams it shut "well there's my wonderful mother" I say in a sarcastic tone "don't worry she'll come around we just need to get her to understand that your the most important thing in her life' he said "good luck with that" I replied

" so when I said you were my girlfriend I really didn't officially ask you" he said looking nervous "will you be my girlfriend?" staring with his beautiful eyes "yes I will" I said smiling from ear to ear he picks me up and spins me around and we fall to the floor laughing and kissing and at that moment nothing else mattered.